• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK... since some of us [ie: ME] aren't lucky enough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alcky

Registered
to get our hands on the SL6RZ's or SL6S2's :( I was wondering something.

I have found that a couple of local mom & pop stores still have some 2.4 400MHz FSB P4s. I don't know all the differences in the procs and all that other stuff. When was the last time those were produced? I know sometimes they just relabel higher speed procs to meet demand of the lower clocked ones and if I were to find one that was done say in June 2002 or as late as possible in the production run, since it would have a 24x multiplier would that basically be a guaranteed 3192MHz proc by jacking up the FSB to 133?

<<<<<<tired of waiting for a multi vid P4 :( :cry:

i seem to recall a few months back people prefering the 400mhz chips because of the low Multi.

uhh, try it i guess ;)

alcky said:
to get our hands on the SL6RZ's or SL6S2's :( I was wondering something.

I have found that a couple of local mom & pop stores still have some 2.4 400MHz FSB P4s. I don't know all the differences in the procs and all that other stuff. When was the last time those were produced? I know sometimes they just relabel higher speed procs to meet demand of the lower clocked ones and if I were to find one that was done say in June 2002 or as late as possible in the production run, since it would have a 24x multiplier would that basically be a guaranteed 3192MHz proc by jacking up the FSB to 133?

<<<<<<tired of waiting for a multi vid P4 :( :cry:
its a tough call, and if i had to make the decision, o would not get the 24x chip.:(

get the 2.4B SL6EF if you cant get your hands on the SL6RZ/SL6S2...
its about the same price as the 400MHz 2.4's..
most that have them hit 3.06GHz @ default vcore...

OK guys thanks for the input :)

unfortunately I purchased my 2.4 from newegg a couple of months ago without knowing about the special FPO codes.

guess I'll wait for a multi vid

Back