• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor question please answer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortyes

The question I like to ask is:

HAs anyone who ordered a Raptor gotten it yet? I have only seen 2 vendors that have it in stock, Royal and ATA. Both do not inspire much confidence considering their reseller rating.

There have not been a lot of people praising or even blasting the drive.

it's not even supposed to be out yet, i don't think.

I wish some places would start selling it.

I know newegg pulled it.

shrug, who knows.

2 places are selling it but.... they do not have high reseller rating.

The raptor was suppose to come out late Feb and this is April

there are a couple vendors on pricewatch selling preorders for the wd360gd raptor. Cheapest is 168$. they all say mid april for when its coming in.

mmmm

Go SCSI... You simply can't compare the two. Save up some cash buy yourselfs a 19160 ADAPTEC SCSI card and you be amazed how CHEAP!!!!! 10K SCSI drives are now. I got both my 10K atlas III drives at tigerdirect.com for like 90$ each.. My opinon is.... IDE has had it's chance and it's let us all down for way too long, this SATA is a joke we all know it, and to prove it give SCSI less then a year and they will smack it around harder then ever. My proof? everytime IDE gets remotely close to SCSI in performance SCSI takes another leap. Why wait years for IDE to take a hint and move along? If your willing to spend 399$ on a videocard why not spend 180$ on a scsi card? The performance difference is more then worth it.

Re: mmmm

PalominoBURN said:
Go SCSI... You simply can't compare the two. Save up some cash buy yourselfs a 19160 ADAPTEC SCSI card and you be amazed how CHEAP!!!!! 10K SCSI drives are now. I got both my 10K atlas III drives at tigerdirect.com for like 90$ each.. My opinon is.... IDE has had it's chance and it's let us all down for way too long, this SATA is a joke we all know it, and to prove it give SCSI less then a year and they will smack it around harder then ever. My proof? everytime IDE gets remotely close to SCSI in performance SCSI takes another leap. Why wait years for IDE to take a hint and move along? If your willing to spend 399$ on a videocard why not spend 180$ on a scsi card? The performance difference is more then worth it.

yeah but wait till solid state nanodrives come out, then SATA AND SCSI will get smacked around so much they'll cry for mommy.

They are already out, and if you can't afford a SCSI set-up your gonna be hard pressed to buy a solid state drive. :D It's cheaper to buy a crap load of ram and create a RAMDRIVE.

MM I recommend Adaptec SCSI controllers. I got the 19160 card, as it's the cheapest high quality ULTRA160 controller on the market I do believe.

actually solid state nanodrives should be cheap as hell.

Supposedly they would only cost around 8cents per gig of storage.

Which i think i can handle :)

1tb= $80 :D

Though i doubt they'll be that cheap when they first come out, but still shouldn't be as expensive as reg solid state drives.

Back