• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

printing and overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davekusa

Well I didn't know where to put this but here it goes.

I installed a p4 2.6 400 fsb and oc'd it to 3.3ghz (I'm happy)
Everything works great accept for the printer. I thought I had a driver issue, But I don't. The printer runs off USB. When I drop the fsb to 110 no problems. I think it's kind of strange that the oc would affect the usb operation that much.

Any opinions on the matter??????

The USB works off a set frequency in the bios. If it goes above it then problems can occur.

See if you have a bios setting for it and check it's set to a number I can't quite remember at the moment !

Also check that USB has "assign IRQ" enabled.

well i have usb mouse and its working fine. 140fsb /4 divider and according to SISsandra the usb is running at 48mhz check sig for mobo and stuff. if you have SISsandra click on the the mainboard info. icon and scroll a ways down and look for usb controller 1 or something like that.

hope that helps out at all

edit: if you are running at 126 fsb what divider are you using? cause that might not enable the /4 divider in which case you are running your pci bus at 42 mhz now if you are running at the /4 divider then you might not have the usb speed where it should be. so you might have to live with it at 100fsb or even at 110fsb.

Back