• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much memory for dual monitors....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

i'm going to be running dual monitors. and i want to know if it will be worth putting my extra 256 ram chip in on top of my 512. i want to be able to be playing a game on one monitor and having the desktop on the other. with web pages open or AIM.

Certainly can't hurt. Plus you'll be giving more phyiscal memory to split up between desktop apps and your games. If you have the spare RAM, might as well try. Heck, you could try it both ways since RAM is so easy to install.

The only thing I'd worry about is compatibility between your 512 and the 256 stick...but I'm sure you know that, and will find out if theres a problem prettty quickly (i.e. stability problems).

oh yea, i don't know if it's worth the trip over to my dads house. i let him use it. i put it into his computer taking his 256 to 512. and i also changed the timings from the slowest possible to the highest his board A MSI Kt266A turbo would go. and after a week of him playing on it he didn't even notice. it even took him a week to notice that on boot it checked 512mb instead of 256.

Deadphishy said:
it even took him a week to notice that on boot it checked 512mb instead of 256.

lol - my dad still hasen't said anything about his computer having 320Mb of ram! and its came with 128! mmm and he hasn't said anything about the network card, um software - folding @ home! lol

Back