• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some Any idea quiet.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

need some quiet.

Ok I have a dual AMD system and with all the fans it gives me a headache. I'm seriously thinking about going to a water cooled system but have no idea what i would be doing. Ive dealt with only air so far. What i want to do is have a water chiller setup and have the water chilled to below 0C. My case doesn't have very much room so I would have to have everything except the WB outside of the case. I don't have to mod the case to get tubes into it I have fan ports on the side panel i can use. Any ideas, links to dealer, etc. would be highly apreciated. Cost isn't a big deal. Making it efficient and looking good is more important than cost.

System:
2x AMD athlon 2000+MP
512MB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
SB live 5.1
MSI K7D Master
Windows XP
Case is from www.c3case.com

I think this question might be better suited for the Extreme cooling section champ =) all the nutz are in there, j/k fella's

Have a good one!

btw wheres my XTC?

first of all, cooling water below 0 C and then pumping it is impossible.... you could add antifreeze, but that makes the thermal resistance higher, and the specific heat lower... (both bad, in case yer not in the know). so if it's like -2 C, it ain't worth it. if it's -30 C, then it's worth it.

just my $.02.

also, make everything you can yourself. you'll be glad later... your wallet will thank you, and you'll learn stuff that will help you in life.... like how to make a waterblock..... how many times have you been somewhere in life, and needed to make a waterblock? if you made yer own before, yer set. if you bought one from dtek or dangerden, then yer screwed, yer gonna die.

Back