• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what am i doing wrong (new speakers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zigma

today, i grew tired of headphones and bought speakers. i bought the creative inspire 5.1 5200, now i set it up correctly, and the drivers are good it identifies my 5 speakers (left back, left, center, right, right back) but when im playing a game or watching a dvd movie or playing a game, nothing comes out the center speaker. i have a sound blaster live! 5.1. i made sure that the dvd movie was playing at 5.1.. am i doing something wrong?

are you sure youve got the speakers plugged into the right slot on your card? there is only one slot on my audigy where i can plug in my speakers..... also try configuring it in the programs that came with your sound card

raven

positive man, i would not be posting here if i didnt do that first lol, so far the center speaker is Not broken. it works when i play planetside when i fire my weapon the center speaker goes off. but what sux is that i want it for movies :( i watch alot of anime.

ok, wow, i fixed it. for my DVD problem, In Power dvd you need to TELL the program you have more then two speakers, (by default it thinks you have two) you load up Power DVD and make sure you dont have anything running. Now you right click and select configure. Now you go to audio and you will see a tap that sais "audio output" there you scroll down and select whatever number of speakers you have. Now the only down part IS that there is Only 2-4- 6 and not 5! now does my sub count as a Speaker or not. i say No but hmm...

audio.gif

woops, i posted my last reply when you was typing yours he heh thnx

Back