• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a good one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Hey all
I just purchased a amdxp 2400 ... AIHB0248VPDW today and was wondering what anyones experiences with this chip are...?
My Mobo gives me the options of multipliers..and it shows me that its a 2000xp but runs at 2000 gig which is cool...i dont care what it says..
Thx for any input THunDA

I just got it today and havent tried anything yet ..last time i tried OC'n my hard drive gave out..cuz of the divider thing on my mobo..also i only have pc2100 ram..dunno if that matters much though..if i try again should i run it stock for a while to burn it in first?

Because of your PC2100 you may find you have to overclock via the multi instead of FSB which is not the best scenario.

I know the pc2100 is gona hold me back :( what do you think around about I should be able to get on the FSB considering my ram and the fact that my mobo divider isnt a 1\5 (i think thats it)...I dont wana fry another hard drive(western digital) again..:(
Thx

Oh also the multipliers above 15 work in bios but not below 15..so I cant lower the multiplier ...unless I mod I guess

Back