• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mod vapochill 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aarion

Registered
hi, i was wondering whether i can mod the vapochill generation 1.
But i think i have to change the micro cooler. So pls feedback.

My country is hard to get phase change unit. If can get also cost a lot of money, but i say one old vapo unit in the local store. Was wondering whether i can mod it for my current setup and also whether asetek sell the micro cooler head.

My rig is
XP 1700
NF7-s
256mb X 2 HyperX
Ti 4200 8x.

Thank you.

You can do that, but the amount of time and effort needed would be such that you might as well build your own sytem.

If its really cheap, (under $150 us), then it might be worth it to salvage the parts, but if you need a new "microfreezer" (evaporator block in refrigeration terms)- you are looking at refilling the refrigerant, making an evaporator from scratch, and several other complex things.

Instead, it might be better to get the component parts and build a better performing system.

Making a phase change system

i thought of buying a evap from vapohill company and and fix it in. Do you think asetek or chip-con sells their evap unit only? Thank you.

I´ve got a phase-change unit from a butcher near my house .... Do not know wether it works properly. The cables that go to the compressor are attched to it in a weird way.. I also think it has two big cylindrical capacitors hcih I do not know in which state they are... Any ideas?

Back