• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed with casefan set-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ardent

Just wondering what are opnions are on this:

Currently, I have 5 Case Fans, 3 Intake and 2 Exhaust, on my Chieftec case.

Exhaust: 2 x 21CFM fans
Intake: 2x 33CFM Fans, 1x 21CFM Fan

What is going to be the best set-up for cooling, case pressure etc? I was considering switching one of the 33CFM fans to exhaust to even it out some....

Thx for any input

I would switch 21 CFM to exaust and you will have 66 CFM intake and
63 CFM exaust...

Thx for the quick replies.....

My Chieftec case has 2 Exhaust spots and 3 Intake....did I read that right, in that you mean 3x 21CFM Exhaust fans? If so, I'm not sure how I would achieve that....

Kinda curious, guess that Chieftec case is similar to mine, Antec 830SX. Got the same, 2 antec exhaust, 2 antec intake, and 1 7vmodded blowin on the HD. My question, is the modded fan originally ran 3000rpm, so if its 7v modded, what speed do you think its at now? Thanks

sandman001 said:
your power supply echaust too, but not a whole lot of air.

I wasnt including the PSU fan..... didnt really take it into consideration.

Daigster......not really sure on that, I'm sure someone here will have an idea tho.

ardent said:
My Chieftec case has 2 Exhaust spots and 3 Intake....did I read that right, in that you mean 3x 21CFM Exhaust fans? If so, I'm not sure how I would achieve that....

Where are the fans located?

if its

2 at the front
2 at the back
and
1 in the top

then have 1 in top and 2 in front intaking

and 2 in back + psu as exhausts

this would=:cool: computer

oh! well thats a bit of a problem then

in that case i would have the 2 33cfm as exhaust and others as intake

closest you can get with 3 intakes 2 exhausts

sirtoby said:
I would assume, since it's a chieftec case, that the third fan is in the sidepanel..

Yes, this is how its arranged. I should have mentioned that before, but I was half asleep this morning :p

So far, I have switched just the one 33cfm fan to exhaust and it has dropped my case temps by 2-3°C. I will probably swap the other one over tonight when I get time......

Thx again for your suggestions, Ardent

Back