• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody tried the MultiVID 2.66 chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

Topic says it all, curious to see if anybody has tried them. Everybody is talking about the 2.4 and 2.53 chips, but no talk about the 2.66 chips. I'm betting that those chips can reach 3.5GHz (175MHz X 20).

Maybe it would help to sort these chips by default voltage as well when reporting results. A trend there would be interesting.

Haven't got a 2.66 mvid myself, sorry.

Interested in how well these chips are doing, because when Intel makes their next price cuts, I might get one and replace my current 2.53 SL6S2 in my main rig.

Look at the S-Spec number, there is an article on the front page that tells you which S-Spec is MultiVID. Also if you go to Intel's website and look up S-Spec numbers the chips with a 0.000V set next to their default voltage are MultiVID chips.

According to the spec page there are two 2.66 P4s that have 0.000 as default voltage - SL6SK and SL6S3. I matched those two product codes against both the retail and oem numbers at newegg and it appears that newegg is selling the mvid version. Do you know if newegg guarantees a match between those numbers on their website and what they actually ship? Do you know of any reliable vendor that would guarantee same? Thanks.

jdmcnudgent said:
see what peeps get first. it has a 20x multi, and that cant be that great.:(

I don't fully agree with that... 20x multi gives decent FSB speeds at attainable Ghz. Like 3000 at 150 or 3333 at 166. A lower multi can pay off in higher FSB, of course, but you trade in stock speed for that as well as the chance of getting a MVID chip, which might be a boon. The other options are getting a 2.53 (19 multi) or 2.4B (18 mp)... which don't strike me as having a huge advantage in that sense.

Of course, this particular chip has 133Mhz FSB stock, so that the gains of overclocking aren't as spectacular as those of a 2.0A, but that's personal preference.

ricksimm said:
According to the spec page there are two 2.66 P4s that have 0.000 as default voltage - SL6SK and SL6S3. I matched those two product codes against both the retail and oem numbers at newegg and it appears that newegg is selling the mvid version. Do you know if newegg guarantees a match between those numbers on their website and what they actually ship? Do you know of any reliable vendor that would guarantee same? Thanks.

Did you see the S-Spec number listed on Newegg's website? If so where did you see them? The product code can match, but it's that all important S-Spec number that counts. The product code is the same for all OEM 2.66GHz P4s with the exception of the S-Spec code, which AFAIK is not listed on Newegg. This is the same for the Retail CPUs.

Tw00sh said:
I cannot get mine pass a 150 FSB. At least not on this motherboard.

Is yours a MultiVID chip?

I think its better to get the 2.0a sl6s7 than folk out additional money on a 2.66. I think the multi-vid 2.0a and 2.66 is the same thing.

whats mvid..? I have a sl6s3 chip and running at 3,6 /1,65V water and doing Prime right now... Got it from my sons Compaq..:p

I dont think its worth getting a 2.66, I mean our 2.53 and 2.4s are already hitting 3.6.. Heres mine

3600.jpg

Nice OC paymon, but I don't think I'm as brave as you. I try not to bring my voltage above 1.70V and even right now I am weary about bringing my CPU above 1.65V. I live on the East Coast so it wasn't easy for me to get my hands on a MultiVID chip, had to get it through my cousin, and I'm not willing to risk SNDS from too much overvolting.

That is a nice oc paymon, but I'm with Enigma. I wouldn't run a sweet sl6rz or sl6s2 over 1.7 volts. You already have a killer multivid chip, and i wouldn't want to kill it over a few MHz. Of course you can do what you want, but I'm not that brave either.

What kind of oc do you have at lover vCore?

Skeetman

Last edited:
Skeetman said:
Wow,

Compaq has the new multivid 2.66?

The SL6S3 is a 2.66 multivid so let us know how it goes. 3.6 sounds pretty sweet so far.

Skeetman

seems so..
But whats so special with that mvid (except its a killer OC chip)and what does it stand for..?I booted mine at 3700 1,75 but it wasnt really stable there. Prefer running it at 3500 1,6V where I can Prime 95 it for hours.

Back