• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

N Force Best Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[sAn]Assasin

Registered
Guess this is gonna be a stupid question....

But what board is best at the mo for the N-Force

ATM i have an abit at7-max and have found abit to be real good.

But if theres better....

Opinions please...

Yes it will be overclocked...

Simple Straight answer:

Any mobo using new A1(C1) 200fsb Nforce2 stepping.

Now which company and what features is all up to you and your budget.

Even buying the very best top of the line full featured mobo that still uses the A2 or A3 Nforce2 stepping is a total waste of money
since a $82 Soltek SL-75FRN2 mobo will kill it in performance becuase of the great FSB that the new A1(C1) Nforce2 stepping gets you.

What is available with A1(C1) Northbridge Nforce2 stepping?

lots of threads with this info. read up. not going to repeat the same stuff over again

Seraphic is on the right track.what ever you get make sure it has the crush18D A1 revision chipset.
still isnt guarenteed 200fsb but 95% chance it will.
also get a mobo with high voltage options.the 8rda and the nf7-s have them.youll need to ask Seraphic about the voltage options on the soltek as im unfamilier with that one.

id still go nf7-s over the epox tho.i swear they will never open there eyes and put active cooling on anything now.and abit needs on chip diode readings! get busy you two mobo makers this is unacceptable!

Deathstar13, looks like you don't even need a A1(C1) NFS7 v2.0

abit NF7-S rev1.2,1700B jiuhb 2368@2v-----------------------
---------------------corsair xms [email protected]

very nice fsb you got there :)

Makes me wonder what kinda of Voodoo Magic you could work on a A1(C1) northbridge given the chance

Seraphic said:
Deathstar13, looks like you don't even need a A1(C1) NFS7 v2.0

abit NF7-S rev1.2,1700B jiuhb 2368@2v-----------------------
---------------------corsair xms [email protected]

very nice fsb you got there :)

Makes me wonder what kinda of Voodoo Magic you could work on a A1(C1) northbridge given the chance
hehee yup my thoughts exactly! i have 256 hyperx 3500 coming and a 9700 in that order also. gonna be a fun week of tweaking :D

but the main reason i did order another nf7-s is i keep spare parts on hand.memory,cpu,agp card,mobo.as i have been having a streak of killing parts.
so i sold my 8rda that was brand new untested and ordered the new nf7-s as a backup.which ever is fastest stays in the box.
just a shame if they both do the same and a 230fsb mobo just sits on a shelf waiting to be molested,but oh well.

Back