• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STABLE , P4 mobo needed for xtra PC build !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
STABLE , P4 mobo needed for xtra PC build : OPINIONS PLEASE

Hi guys ,

Iam looking to get a P4 mobo to complete another system with xtra parts I have (some brand new) !

LIST of xtra major componets to be used :

Chieftec case (comparable to Antecs 1040/1080)
Antec 400watt PP-412X (smart power)
P4 2.4C1 (retail)
WDSE 80gig
GF4 Ti4200 (128mb)
Crucial 1X512 2100 DDR
TB Santa Cruz
Lite-on 52X CD-RW burner
Linksys 10/100 NIC
Logitec MX500
Logitec Navigator Keyboard
XP Pro

This system needs most of all STABILITY , and will NOT be built with OC'ing in mind (but would be added plus) .

Good chance this system will just go to a family member for work related buisness (realestate) and replace the current AMD XP1700 w/ ECS K7S5A (which to date has been SUPER reliable and STABLE)

So far Iam leaning towards the Abit BH7 with its good features (more than I really need) good reviews and STABILITY .
For $92 (at newegg) it seems like a very good buy .

I took a peek at the Albatron mobos , but for a few bucks more Abit seems to be a much better bet with service and reliablity .

OR .....

I can pop for the newer Abit IT7 MAX 2.2 ( Iam dying for 4:5 divider ) and swap out my current IT7 v1.1 to use in the xtra system .
The only problem with this idea , is that for the xtra $$$ the MAX2.2 may just not be worth it right now , knowing that the newer chipsets are comming out soon .

I also cant complain either , about just how darn STABLE my current IT7v.1.1 setup is (check sig) !!
(another reason to wait on the newer chipsets and save $$$ now by buying the BH7)

Lastly , I just may finsh the xtra system just to turn around and sell it (not sure as of yet) ; so another reason for pure stability being needed .

Well thats about it .....

Any other suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated !!!

TIA ;) :D

stereo555

Last edited:
Back