• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing bios taking VERY VERY LONG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gogetadbl

BIOS ROM checksum error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment i'm flashing bios, have been flashing for at lesat 30 minutes....do you guys know if it is supposed to take this long? I just built the computer and then I went into bios first thing and pressed F10 to exit, then when I booted up it says "DO"NT TURN OFF OR RESET YOUR SYSTEM. PLEASE WAIT!"

Last edited:
I went to get dinner and now the ocmp just turned off and when I turn back on it says BIOS ROM checksum error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean i have to get a new board OR a new bios chip or can I just re-flash?

it meansa you have to set everything in the bios again. If the flash would have failed then the board wouldn't even boot. When the computer boots look towards the bottom for the current bios revision date.

When I boot up it says BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media...
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

The onlyu thing I can do is press enter :( Doesnt' even post

Last edited:
Did you "reset" the cmos? Ya know, set the cmos jumper to "reset"?
You did use the correct bios when flashing?
What bios did you try to flash to?

BTW, what mb are we talking about?

Download the bios to a disk, insert the disk in the computer when it asks for a disk, and let it re-flash the bios.

Something went wrong with the flashing, and no.. it shouldn't take that long.. maybe 10-20 seconds or something like that..

It is looking for a disk to boot.You did remove floppy.enter bios and set to boot from hd0?

i've seen this error once on an old computer.
the mobo asks the boot disk even before POSTing, right?

If clearing the CMOS doesn't work, i would contact Epox. They reply quickly.
Or you could directly order a new bios on their site.

Re: BIOS ROM checksum error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gogetadbl said:
At the moment i'm flashing bios, have been flashing for at lesat 30 minutes....do you guys know if it is supposed to take this long?
No.

I just built the computer and then I went into bios first thing and pressed F10 to exit, then when I booted up it says "DO"NT TURN OFF OR RESET YOUR SYSTEM. PLEASE WAIT!"

Ok, so you just built the computer. Did you go into the bios first?
Did you flash the bios first, before you went into the bios?
Are you flashing off of a floppy disk?
Did you use the "alt-f2" method?
Did you just put on the bin on the floppy?

Inquiring minds would like to know..

i think that just means that you need to change soem setting in your BIOS... i THINK i get that error sometimes when i unplug my compuer for a long time and go to a lan party or something... i just need to reset my FSB cuz it puts it back down to 100, unless that was something else.. you cna get into yourBIOS right??

Re: Re: BIOS ROM checksum error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnDborder said:

No.

Ok, so you just built the computer. Did you go into the bios first?
Did you flash the bios first, before you went into the bios?
Are you flashing off of a floppy disk?
Did you use the "alt-f2" method?
Did you just put on the bin on the floppy?

Inquiring minds would like to know..

I haven't gone into bios since this happened, already tried resetting cmos and holding insert methods. I can go into a flash utillity but i try flashing for a long time and then i just have to shut off comp every time.

When I build comp, 1st thing i did was go into bios.
I'm flashing off a flopy
Tried ALT f2
I put the bin, awdflash, restore.bat and setup.bat in the floppy.

Last edited:
EDIT:

I BOUGHT A BRAND NAME DISK AND GOT THE FLASH TO WORK AND NOW THE COMP POSTS !!! I get a CMOS checksum error though.

Installing windows now

Back