• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

those Aussies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ray44420

I see the Aussies are increasing their lead. They started running away from us this past weekend.
Our total number of CPUs is hovering around 2000, better than usual.
Gromacs have been flowing freely, but this applies to all teams.
There's no shortage of friendly competition.
We were making progress, but it stopped. Why?
Maybe they found a way to borg the Stanford servers.

Give me about 3-6 weeks to get 2 more rigs up & folding. Give me some time to convince everyone at school to start folding, and maybe that will do some good.

Soy

Everybody build one folding farm and we'll be set ;)

I think we can catch the Aussies, but each member is going to have to give a little more, or we all have to try to recruit.

Almost 14Gig of Folding added here in the past 24 hours.
I hope that helps some.

I doubt I could do more, the power in my apartment can barely
handle this mess as it is.

Seasonally it's the equivalent of november down there, so maybe they just all upped their overclocks. They managed to pull something out though, this is gonna be a close fought thing. We're still picking up steam though, lets hope their adrenalin rush only takes them so far :D

Road Warrior

Ray44420 said:
I see the Aussies are increasing their lead. They started running away from us this past weekend.
I've seen this also. I've got another pc I'm trying to bring online but I don't have much at home and I'm having no video problem when starting it up. The cpu fan spins up and the keyboard lights blink but I don't get any post beeps. The vid card and mem are both new. I'll have to look over the manual again. The writing on the mb indicates that dimm1 slot is the one furthest from the cpu but I haven't found confirmation of this in the manual. This would be a good design considering the cpu close is uncomportably close to the memory but it all the other mb I've dealt with had dimm1 closest to the cpu. Ah well, fold on bretheren..

Edit.. Right you are NAS, Welcome Lonely! Thanks for bringing the powa.

Last edited:
Lonely Raven said:

OMG :eek: :eek:

wow that is quite impressive lonely, we appreciate your effort and oh yeah WELCOME :D

FOLD ON
NAS

Lonely Raven said:
I hope that helps some.

Um... Yeah, that'll help a little. :D

That rocks Lonely Raven, welcome to the team.

The first rule about our folding team:

BUILD, RECRUIT, BORG, UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!

(well, that's the second, first is have a good time)

Wedo

folding

I had half a dozen down that should get back up in the next few days. And also some expansions planned for the next week to 10 days. I'm looking at about +13 Ghz overall.

As I get these up, I'll change the text to green.

Tbird 1200
XP 1660
P4 1800
XP 2160
XP 1400

Bonus:

P3 500 get new mobo, and cheapo vid card, Bam! spare parts box ($34 expense)
XP @ 1720 wait on RMA'd 8rda, get cheapo case, HSF, vid card bam! spare parts box #2 ($36 expense)
Duron @ 1015 buy cheap case, Bam! spare parts box #3 ($10 expense)

Stick 3 spare parts borged boxes in new homes with broadband = priceless.

Triple bonus- I need a new laptop since my old one fried.

I'll be trying to get a nice XP lappy put together (I buy it as barebones and supply some parts for it) for around $570. Should be running at about 2000 Mhz when I'm through with it.

There's some tune-up work to do as well.

I have 4x P3 800's folding at my old high school. I need to update their clients and get them on gromacs. I need to make sure they're still going for that matter.....

One of my friends has 3 boxen and he's just waiting on cable internet which is due in his area shortly. I need to call him up and get updated on the status of things. XP 1733, XP 1666, P3 733.

Last edited:
Cheap parts

If anyone needs cheap parts, I can get them. I already posted a thread in the folding forum about it. There's a local Goodwill that deals only in computer donations and resells functioning equipment. I call it low-tech heaven. The prices are just right, though its not new hardware. If you need wimpy PSU's, vid cards, sdram, small HDD's, cdroms, cheap cases or monitors regarless of quality (some of it is quite good, some is junky), LET ME KNOW!

I'm looking for some webspace to upload pics of the hardware that this Goodwill is selling. Would like to start posting pics of this stuff in the next week.

Back