• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Non L-memory 9500np overclock options??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TStep

Hello, first post here. I looking to get more up to date with equipment, so doing a little research. Like anyone, I would love to have an ATI 9500 non pro overclock like a 9700 pro, but with PCB change, I doubt if any L-shaped mem cards are out there in the mainstream market. Can the I shaped cards have the pipelines opened up to 8 and basically make the card a 9500pro?? (assuming pipes are good - no checkers)

yes. The ram configuration has to do with the memory bus; the red pcb with the L shaped ram config has 256 bit memory pathways, while the I shaped config has only 128bit pathways. The pipelines are built into the chip, so you can get them enabled with a simple software mod like rivatuner's patch to get a 9500pro.

If your looking for the redpcb L config nps, http://www.allstarshop.com has them for $156.

good luck on that

Back