• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Movin on up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skab

:) 750 Duron up and running with Win2003 server/beta, boy that was no fun getting going! T'bred 1800 supposed to be in by fri. Think that will be the extent of the farm for awhile though. Wife is starting to not like you guys.:D

Congrats on your addiction, uh I mean hobby :D What problem did you have with dot net? I've installed it on 3 machines with no problem whatsoever except for my wireless card on my laptop. Win2k drivers got it going though.

Took three tries to get it to load and then when I bumped my multiplier it gave me a message that my eval period had expired. Reformating this morning and probably just go with Win98 on this unit. Going to try Mandrake 9.1 on the next one (hopefully tommorrow).

Weird - I've bumped my cpu speed up and down several times and it never complained a bit.

I don't know why it did it but I've got another motherboard coming in today according to Fed-ex, 40 miles away but I have wait till they bring. Loader broke down so I got the day off and I plan on trying agian when it gets here.

skab said:
Took three tries to get it to load and then when I bumped my multiplier it gave me a message that my eval period had expired. Reformating this morning and probably just go with Win98 on this unit. Going to try Mandrake 9.1 on the next one (hopefully tommorrow).

Please post over in the "alternative OS" your experience with Mandrake 9.1, I was thinking of going there, 9.0 blew, and trying to decide on my next linux dist, am thinking about debian now.

SO, I'd love to hear how 9.1 goes.

Back