• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 max 2 v2 sound issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ebsmooth

hello all,

sorry but i am new to this forum and overclocking. now that i got that out of the way here is my issue. i have a p4 2.53 and am able to get it to 3002 but i have a problem with the sound. when i try to load a game (AvP2) the sound gets really messed up. it is like listening to R2D2 while on acid. i locke the pci to 33mhz and had the fsb set to 158mhz with a vcore setting @ all variations up to 1.70v. the sound works good when playing mp3's and all the normal windows sounds. seems like this is only when playing games. the temp only gets as high a 45c using a volcano 7+ at the max rpm. has anyone else had this problem? like i said i am new to the overclocking ( got to start somewhere), but the pc is stable i can run bench marks 3dmark, code creatures....etc. i have a creative audigy gamer and all the drivers are up to date. have a 350w psu.

I just got rid of my SB Live 5.1 in place of using the On-Board sound, and it couldnt sound better! The on-board audio is really nice. You should try downloading the latest drivers here

i had problems with the on board sound as well, that is why i put the sb back in. but i shall try it again. did you have any problems while overclocked, such as strange sounds while loading games or playing mp3 files? i should probably just face the facts that my processor has reached it's limit @2.92 ghz and move on. man it would have been nice to get it over 3 ghz. oh well! thanks for the imput i will try it right away, i was kinda bummed to put the sb back in any way, gotta love the fiber hook up on the mb's sound card.

Back