• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New gaunlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
Well, this will be the new gaunlet official recruitment thread.

What's the Gaunlet?

The gaunlet is a virtual race between several teams to see who can crunch more Wu in a given set of time. New to this edition will be other categories to be made know in a future date

Who the hell are the Smoking Cores

Well, we all are the smoking cores. This is the name of the OC.com SETI Team subteam that will participate in the gaunlet. So far we have been 5th place in the first gaunlet, and 4th place in the second. We need to get more power so we can try to get the top one this last time.

The rules

1.-Have fun

2.- The gaunlet will be run for 14 days. No time has been appointed yet for this to occur. But this will be in this or the following month.

3.-The WU to be counted will be the ones produced during the race. No sandbagging (caching) will be allowed.

4.-The correct procedure to join in the race will be just saying "I'm in" in this thread.

5.-There will be a limit to the joining, so hurry up and say "I'm in"

6.-Any late commers, can join in a communal team. The name of this account as well as it's e-mail address will be up and running in 1 or 2 days. This account will serve as a place for those people that couldn't make it to the inicial rooster, but still want to contribute to the race. This communal team will be part of OC.com SETI team, and will reamin there until the end of Phase I.

7.-During the race, it will be very important that you do not change SETI nickanames. As there is going to be an automatic scipt to get the results of the race blow by blow, this could be screwwd if you change your nick. So please, do not change it. If you do it, must probably your account will be considered gone for the purpose of the gaunlet and we really need all the help we can get ;)

7.-If something conflicts with rule number 1, then it's not part of this race :D.

The Smoking Cores

Position SETI nickname Forum Nickname
1 The Two Norsemen
2 Gary a.k.a. LandShark LandShark
3 hallen
4 TC TC
5 bd
6 Norrko Norrko
7 Cyklopz Cy
8 Chad Kiser
10 racecar12 racecar12
18 KenCo
20 FRANK
23 The_wiizzard
25 rogerdugans rogerdugans
27 Wookie8662
28 Just shoot
30 Skyhook Skyhook
31 Go3Team
33 none1 none1
39 The Four Horsemen
47 {PMS}fishy
49 nicolas costes
50 Jamng Jamng
52 Paradoxmaker Paradoxmaker
58 Morpheus... Morpheus
61 Cary Stone
70 Turner
73 Demont & M_Arishnakoff Demont
75 Mike Stairs
75 Mictlan Mictlan
76 Deez Deez
86 Admiral Fraser
91 Puffy Puffy
93 Cúchulainn Cúchulainn
94 Fibreoptic/Markodude Markodude
95 Murphy XP1800 from Holland still in the race
98 Burning Phoenix Burning Phoenix
102 SpeeDj : Dual XP1600@1900+ Zoom
106 jazztrumpet216
139 bodezafa
147 SS69nova
152 PsyChoPAtHiC RYdAs
158 Gravity Man
175 Taloah
186 v8vega350 v8vega350
188 codeman05
197 Stryfe
227 vodka314
240 Jheizer
244 GT2000
245 August West
253 AMD Extreme Team
254 jokrswild
306 eaglescouter eaglescouter
323 Diu
330 ShAdY
338 iparout
342 John_LA John_LA
345 Illah
414 Booger
419 aftermath
493 skab skab
500 MrGuvernment Mr. Guvernment
564 Danish Jedi-Alliance Dk Jedi Alliance
764 Lynxen
859 Northern-Star
1101 CPFitz14
1119 Maloso

Mictlan
Self appointed leader of the Smoking Cores.

Last edited:
If you feel that it's not cheatting or something unfair, I can upload all the people that were in the last gaunlet (which BTW, included all the first gaunlet participants) to speed up the process ;) and you can be taken out if you explicity say it so.

Something like "once in, you can't say no".....

Mictlan said:
Something like "once in, you can't say no".....

yeah, just change that part to really small text

:D

but yeah for one, get this de-stickied first and see how many people actually join.

and then maybe just add everyone who participated before if you don't get lots of response.

sticky=bad

Why you don't like stickys? MAybe it's time for some spring cleaning in the stickis so you can easily see the new ones.....

YEP!

You sure can add systems as time and money or your recruiting abilities allow. The only major change I can see in the rules this time is that in the past Teams were cacheing huge amounts of completed WU prior to the start of the race and then turning them in for credit after the race had started. Kind of like running a 100 meter race by walking 99 meters down the track and then waiting for the gun to sound to sprint that last meter across the finish line. This time in theory everyone starts together and all scores are based on production done after the start of the race. IMHO this is a much better way of competing. The old way was a better indicator of a teams ability to organize members to set on completed WUs and then have a mass dump, the new rules favor teams with major computing horsepower.

SkyHook

The sticky's definitely need cleaning. I didn't even notice this thread. In fact after I replied to it I was scratching my head wondering why it didn't get bumped to the top of the forum.

Yes perhaps some cleaning is in order.

It's not that I don't like stickies, its that nobody sees them. Myself included, I only found this post because you linked it in a different one, Mictlan.

Just assume that I'm always in for something like this if I don't have to do anything different than normal crunching.

Thanks.

I am in, with my slightly reduced crunching power :(
(No damages BTW, just a revamp of my network....and then I got called out of town.)

The Smoking Cores- I like that :D

of course all my fishessss WILL ALWAYS be in for TheSmokingCore!!!! :D

haven't stop by the forum as often as i used to lately.....almost miss this thread!! been busy at work (what's new!), and playing around w/ my new rig., and using Raven Shield (playing online till at least 2am almost every night :p )to test the stablity.

btw, i'll be down 1 cruncher soon as i'll be building a machine for my friend and giving him 1 of my AthlonXP chip & mobo to replace his K6-2 400.... (it's just tooooooooo dan slow on nowaday's standard)

you should post a thred or sticky in a few other subjects for the people that dont stop by the seti fourm that much or at all just a thought

Back