• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s rev2 from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
just letting you guys know newegg is still sending the rev2 out.
im gonna throw it in later as i have some hyperx 3500 and a 9700 to mess with a bit.

once it goes in im also gonna test the sata raid.
this system just sounds fast talking about it.

btw in my rev 1.2 i have dual channel running 220 fsb 2.0-3-3-7
i had to back off the timings a tad and burn this hyper x in. from the tests i just did it seems to run exactly the same as my xms 3500.

hopefully the rev2 will do 230 dual channel :D lol i think im dreaming.

speaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspeaksspe

Satisfied? Now post some results and quit your whining :D

i would love to see how the rev 2 performs. i have one on the way from gameve.com and some corsair twinx PC3200 512MB on the way.

(shooting for 200Mhz FSB with my XP1600...in dual channel no less :p)

hmmm yesterday was my day in hell. no i get to try and climb out.
the hypreX3500 runs on par with my xms3500
i was able to get the rev2 to post 1 time and i saw my new 9700 was freiking out somehow.i tried to tunr the machine off and i might have screwed the bios on the rev2 in the process.

i might be ok ill find out in a bit.heres the story.
did all my tests on the hyperX and its great.
i flashed my 9700 to unlock it to oc it and ran a few benchies. did great also.well i shoulda just went to bed then.but no i needed to test the mobo also.

hooked it all up and flipped the switch.it posted but the letters had purple artifacts and the letters in words looked liek jiberish.
took it to the bios and got scared.exited out best i could as i couldnt read anything and hit the power switch.

i put my rev1.2 back in as i think the rev2 might be ok im not sure as i was worried about the 9700.its screwed somehow.i even went back and reflashed the oc bios on it and still artifacts and scrambled word.

im gonna try and work that out and mabey fix it somehow.then ill work on the rev2.i even have to test the 8rda i have to send out and mail so im gonna be busy.

and to top it off my glands in my neck seem sore and my doughter just had strepp. what next AL-qauda gonna knock on my door?

anyhow ill keep ya posted. john ill pm you also and point at this thread as your the 9700 guru.
keep ya posted guys. :(

"edit" the card is shot im pretty sure,oh well.
gonna get the mobo up now i think.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your vid card mishap.

Let us know the max stable fsb's you hit with those 2 mobo's

Peace :)

gonna start on the rev2 now.
i just had another video card mishap lol trying to get the 9700 back up and trying some other bios's which didnt help. i flashed my ati7000 pci card somehow with the 9700pro bios and knocked it out. damn im getting dangerous.

after some online searches i found an original bios for the 7000 pci and reflashed and is back up.now i can work on the mobo.

anyone need some agp cards flashed? im getting alot of practice!
i wouldnt even trust myself anymore. jk but its getting dangerous tho.

onto the mobo swap.

well after a 2 day rampage ive managed to screw up alot of equipment.
was only 50% my fault tho,mabey not even that much.
here what i bought.
1-9700 non pro
1-nf7-s rev2
1-hyperX 3500
and out of all those things the hyperx is the only thing i didnt bork!god im so depressed about this.
heres the story of despare:
i stuck the ram and 9700 in my current nf7-s 1.2 and tested them.
the hyperX works right along with my xms 3500 and they both perform the same. good score!
then i flashed the 9700 NP bios yo unlock and oc it.
i ran one round of 3dmark 2k1/2k3 each and scored great.
14xx and 4908 respectivly,so time to fire up the rev2 and give it hell i thought! WRONG!
installed it all,hit the swicth and saw purple and red artifacts all over the screen and scramled letters.i made it into the bios to check my temps.i do that even with refer h20 and no oc just to be safe. from there i tried to save,and it locked or i frieked or something and hit the power switch. bad bad idea with the rev2 mobo. scrambled the bios.i then went to bed.

so i try today and hope another bios flash will help the card.nope its borked good.while doing this i somehow flashed the 9700np bios onto my 7000 pci card i was on. borked it too! at this time i thought i should just shove it all out my second story window and start a fire and file an insurance claim. lol jk

anyhow i found the pci bios for the 7000 2 hours later and was able to get it going by useing a cirrus 2mb pci card running my rig.
fixed that finally.

i then preceded to hot flash the rev2 mobo from my rev1.2
well with my luck ya know something bad is about to happen and it does.i bent a pin back on my bios chip while reinserting it. crap!
i was begging to get shot in the head then! anyhow fixed that and tried for 5 hours with every known bios flasher known to man to hotflash this bios.no go wont work and i gave up.

moral of the story? hell i dunno.but i didnt kill the hyperX!
ill replace the 2 borked items.the mobo will be easy with a new bios chip.flashing its out.9700 is screwed tho.gotta admit i loved the picture quality it had.

deathstar13 said:
well after a 2 day rampage ive managed to screw up alot of equipment.
was only 50% my fault tho,mabey not even that much.
here what i bought.
1-9700 non pro
1-nf7-s rev2
1-hyperX 3500
and out of all those things the hyperx is the only thing i didnt bork!god im so depressed about this.
heres the story of despare:
i stuck the ram and 9700 in my current nf7-s 1.2 and tested them.
the hyperX works right along with my xms 3500 and they both perform the same. good score!
then i flashed the 9700 NP bios yo unlock and oc it.
i ran one round of 3dmark 2k1/2k3 each and scored great.
14xx and 4908 respectivly,so time to fire up the rev2 and give it hell i thought! WRONG!
installed it all,hit the swicth and saw purple and red artifacts all over the screen and scramled letters.i made it into the bios to check my temps.i do that even with refer h20 and no oc just to be safe. from there i tried to save,and it locked or i frieked or something and hit the power switch. bad bad idea with the rev2 mobo. scrambled the bios.i then went to bed.

so i try today and hope another bios flash will help the card.nope its borked good.while doing this i somehow flashed the 9700np bios onto my 7000 pci card i was on. borked it too! at this time i thought i should just shove it all out my second story window and start a fire and file an insurance claim. lol jk

anyhow i found the pci bios for the 7000 2 hours later and was able to get it going by useing a cirrus 2mb pci card running my rig.
fixed that finally.

i then preceded to hot flash the rev2 mobo from my rev1.2
well with my luck ya know something bad is about to happen and it does.i bent a pin back on my bios chip while reinserting it. crap!
i was begging to get shot in the head then! anyhow fixed that and tried for 5 hours with every known bios flasher known to man to hotflash this bios.no go wont work and i gave up.

moral of the story? hell i dunno.but i didnt kill the hyperX!
ill replace the 2 borked items.the mobo will be easy with a new bios chip.flashing its out.9700 is screwed tho.gotta admit i loved the picture quality it had.

Oh man dude sorry to hear that.......hope you get everything replaced quickly and get up and running again

Sounds like a perfect time for a Guinness :beer:

ya know a beer sounds mighty good :D
yeh itll be replaced in about a week so not to much a biggy.just the hurry up and wait factor is all i hate.

Sorry about your problems man, I hate to hear that the Rev. 2.0 has bios issues like the last one. When I looked at buying one from excaliberpc.com it seemed like they said, they wont take it back or let you RMA it if you dont buy the little bios savior tool kit, it that true? How are you getting your fixed? Also does the Abit warranty cover the bios corruption?

My friend has the rev2, and we were having weird lockups during WinXP install. This could be due to a scratched CD, so we are trying another disc of it tomorrow.. The CD appears to have flaked off on the top ;)

But its a hell of a nice board.

DeathStar - Damn man, I'm really sorry about that ****. That plain out SUCKS. :(

hmmm i didnt notice guys i didnt update this thread.i had another thread i think also.

anyhow i dont see how ecal could refuse an rma for bios corruption. they could but would be real bad for them.
btw i did fix the mobo.i did a hot flash on the bios chip with my rev 1.2 mobo.was hard to do and took me 2 days work but after i figured it out its rather easy.

actuallt the bios issue was my fault. i hit the power button while the bios was saving and it says plainly on the screen not to do that.but i freaked as i was having the video card issues and i wanted the pc off for saftey.but was the wrong time to power down.

and yeh abit should take an rma on a mobo with a botched bios.i know newegg would rma it.but is no need now but i did speak with them about it as i thought i might have to do that.they are great to buy from and never a worry about warrenty.

but i have yet to scramble a bios except for this one i did.the bios issues seem solved to me.and there is a new bios out for the 1.2 that supposedly fixes that board also.

I personally really like NewEgg. I have a MSI K7D Master in RMA with them right now.. No clue to how it died, it just died on me when I got back from Spyders.. :(

bummer dude.but if it had to die lucky for you it was purchesed threw them.ive had an rma before and they have a fast turn around.no hassles either very nice.

They got the mobo on Friday, and emailed me that they got it. I think they will send it out on Tues. and I will have it on Thrus/Friday.. Thats nearly a week a downtime tho.. Oh well.

Have you ever used a ECS K7S5A? I am using on (With a TBird 800 right now, cuz my dual is down and out ;)) and need to test my GeForce4Ti4400. I really need to find out if the sucker is working. If its not, I can RMA it, but I need to know fast so I don't waste any more time with dead parts.. :(

sorry ive not used any ecs stuff.should be fine to test the card on tho.might not be able to see how it oc's but leave stock and run a pass of 3dmark and looks fow artifacts."weird pointy things"

should it pass that id say its fine.well good enough it cant be rmaed any how.

It gives a beep error on start.. That's why I was wondering if the board supported them. :(

I think it's time to figure out PNY's RMA policy.. You know it, perhaps? :)

Back