• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Case Mod.....Media Center Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

Tell me what you think.....I'm not completly done with it Cuz I'm waiting for a Hard drive to arrive, DVD rom, and a sound card. I thru my Linux smoothwall HD in her to see if she would run and she loaded up........cant wait to get her fully functional.

Mediabox1.jpg

mediabox2.jpg

Thats pretty slick.

What Vid Card are you running?

Make sure to tuck the wires out of the way so the turtle doesn't nip at them.
=D

What I have in there jsut to see if she worked is a GF2 200 but I am going to swap it with my server card which is a GF4 with svidieo out. Yea I put exhaust for the powersupply on the bottom of the case and I have all the peripherals entering from the bottom also. I havn't run it at full load yet for any amount of time so I am sure I will be adding a Fan on the bottom also. My next project with it is to get a slot loading DVD player and put that in the Lid so you can play DVD's without opening the case. Its definitlely a work in progress but I just got the motherboard lasst night and had to work on it right away to see how it would turn out. BTW the box (if anyones interested) is a 30 buck Item I got at FRANKS nursery and crafts and is just about the perfect size for this kind of project.....

Mind if i steal your idea, and then um... make it cooler? (dont hurt me!) Its a very cool idea, and i really want to do something like it for my computer in my room. (That is yet to be built)

Yea go right ahead and let me know what your doing with it. By the weekend I should have a water system installed. Then I wont have to worry bout the high temps and noise this thing produces. I have my heatercore and shroud all done and now Im just waiting on my pump and block which Mr Fettig says is shipping tomarrow...Yipee!
Just how are you gonna hack it up....*cough*.... I mean make it cooler? :)

wow that come out really good.. great idea for someone who would like a media center pc but doesn't want a computer sitting by there tv!!!

I plan to have a pulsating CCFL under mine, so it gives off a freaky oompa loompa vibe. It wont feature water cooling or turtles.
Im still deciding if to buy a box, with no window, or build a box and incorperate a window. And i reaaallly want a window. So i'll prolly have to make a box. :p

wow that come out really good.. great idea for someone who would like a media center pc but doesn't want a computer sitting by there tv!!!
Or they could make the tv into the PC , with wifi/wireless keyboard/mouse. ;) Mini-ITX....... i'd like to see some one do this!!
But the magnetic interference would wreck it.

as far as the interference worry, I've found that's only true with Tube-based Televisions. I have a rear-projection TV and had no problems with interference whenever I'm bench-testing hardware around it.

Back