• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333-x keeps going into bios safe mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

st0rmshad0w

Registered
I posted this under general AMD motherboard. DIdnt know there was a dedicated asus forum. sorry. anyway

Check my sig for pc stats.

The problem: sometimes after I reboot, the computer boots into the bios safe mode. Saying the multiplier is incorrect and that my system hung during the last reboot.

In my bios, I have the settings set to default. Which is:

CPU speed: manual
CPU Frequency multiple mhz: 10.5x
CPU external Frequency mhz 133/33

There is no "auto" setting for the CPU speed. The only choices you have for CPU speed are "manual,1150mhz, 1533mhz, and 1917mhz. The cpu is showing up under windows as a 1400mhz. Arent the athlon 1800 xp supposed to run at 1.53 gig?

Any suggestions as to what I should do? I called Asus tech support but it's long distance and I was on the phone waiting for 45 minutes. Just for note, I'm using DDR 333mhz ram with a 266fsb processor. Does that cause any conflict?

thanks guys

I'm assuming you have a TBred chip since you're able to boot at a multi other than the default 11.5x.

First of all, make sure you flash to the latest bios to make sure you have support for the tbred.

Then set the CPU speed to "manual" and then you'll be able to access the different multis from 5x thru 12.5x.

To run at default 1.53Ghz, you'll need to set the multi at 11.5x and leave the fsb at 133/33.

thanks maxima. If I change the multiplier, will I need to edit any voltage settings?

Yes it is a t-bred chip.

Thanks again

You're welcome.

The only time you need to increase your vcore is when you start experiencing instability.
Best thing to do is to leave your multi at 13x for now and play with the FSB. You should be able to boot at 13x167fsb without increasing your vcore. Try that and let me know what happens.

As for your RAM, it will work perfectly fine with your processor. It's rated to run up to 333mhz but will only ran at whatever speed you set it at.

ok, this is what I did. I went into "cpu speed" and set the speed to 1533mhz. The computer gets no more errors and I've verified it's running at 1.5gig. I didnt touch the multiplier or fsb. It automatically adjusted and grayed out. I didnt flash my bios by the way.

Another question. My memory is set to auto. Should I manually set it to 333mhz?

thanks again

Yes, set the Memory to Manual and you'll be able to change your FSB speeds by 1mhz increments.

Really is a small world. There are a few forum members that go to UD. What part of Delaware are you in?

I'm done w/ college. I work up here in Newark.

Did you try overclocking your rig yet?

im somewhat having the same kind of trouble, look in my sig for my specs. im running a 2500+ OC'd to 2.3GHz and when i boot the POST screen still shows it as a 2500+.....dont most POSTs show it as something other than stock according to how fast the processor is set?

Sir Barton said:
im somewhat having the same kind of trouble, look in my sig for my specs. im running a 2500+ OC'd to 2.3GHz and when i boot the POST screen still shows it as a 2500+.....dont most POSTs show it as something other than stock according to how fast the processor is set?

Mine shows up in the post as stock too (1800).
My computer was running at 1400mhz when I first assembled it. 1800 xp + runs at 1.53 gig I think. So I bumped it up. If you want to verify your cpu speed, just do a start>run> type dxdiag hit enter.

You guys need to start using WCPUID. It's a very usual proggy that tells you what your CPU speed is as well as the multi and FSB speed. It's very reliable and certainly an overclockers good friend.

You can d/l it here

My bios load page always reports my XP2100 as a XP2700 when I have my cpu speed at 2171mhz or higher. Even at 2640mhz, it still reports it as a XP2700. Looks like the bios can't read the processor PR rating correctly. Not a major issue and has absolutely no effect on the system's performance whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back