• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opera 7.10 beta out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

#1 Overclocker

Disabled
http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2003/04/11/

Opera for Linux makes a great leap all the way from Opera 6.12 to 7.10, bringing the development on Linux and Windows closer together. In addition to enjoying an even faster, smaller, browser as well as numerous new features, this is the first time Linux users have their own mail client in the Opera browser. Opera 7.10 for Linux Beta comes with the popular M2 mail client known from Opera 7 for Windows, which automatically categorizes and sorts e-mail messages, has an integrated spam filter, and supports POP3, IMAP,and ESMTP.

"Thanks to the interoperability of the Opera core, the Opera 7.10 for Windows and Linux browser versions we are releasing today have the same features," says Jon S. von Tetzchner. "In the future, the Opera browser will look increasingly the same across the different platforms thanks to this interoperability, so that users, schools, universities and businesses who truly want to be cross-platform can enjoy the same Opera features on all major operating systems."

Its nice to hear they are releasing the Linux and Windows version simultaneously. It's not in the Gentoo Portage tree yet though, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit before giving it a try. I'll always been interested in using Opera over Mozilla, now seems like a great time to try it out.

I just downloaded it, and so far I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the fast-forward button can predict what page I'll visit next. If it works well enough, I won't have to use any of the other buttons at all. :D

I dunno...

Lately Opera 7.10 for windows has been unstable and crashes frequently when I'm browsing the O/C forums.

Phoenix has been rock solid even if slower than Opera. I've switched Phoenix to the default browser for now.

I'll try to upgrade my Linux Opera 6.12 to 7.10 and see if that is any better.

BTW Volter skins rule! :cool:

Back