• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd problems with my new rig :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

okay everything was working fine with my old system (see the sig its rig 2) day before yesterday i got myself a new rig and i was very excited but strange problems are ruinning my day

First of all some games simply refuse to run like Moto Race 3 and GTA 3 and give good ol "this program have caused an error" same with trillian it used to crash with the same error message, blah i thought it was because of Service Pack 1 so i downloaded it again and installed it and just to make sure i downloaded all the crucial patches from windows update site

now i don't get error but moto race 3 still doesnt work even in compatiblility mode, gta 3 is moody at times it runs and goes on the main menu, sometimes the main menu doesnt even shows and i have to reboot and sometimes it asks for cd 2 which ALREADY IS IN THE DRIVE this is driving me nuts and yes i have updated to patch 1.1 of gta 3

traillian is giving another new set of headache for me, it runs but never shows anyone online and after a while it simplly closes without any warning the only way i find out is taking my mouse over the taskmar and see the icon disappearing

this is driving me nuts can someone tell me what and why things are going on this way??

i have direct x 9.0, nvidia drivers 43.00 and audigy 2 drivers which came with the card (and are said to be the latest one's till now)

completely new system with new hard drive fresh formated and windows xp installed than i installed the usual drivers and sp-1 and stuff

now my old rig have gone insane and right now i am installing xp on it again can't be conincident i guess time for virus check :mad:

Back