• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this the real deal or BS?...LCD Qs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mateo

Im looking for a 15" LCD that has a good response time and good contrast, as it will be used for a mix of gaming and rendering stuff. When looking, I found a no-name brand at Newegg that claimed a 10 ms response time and 400:1 contrast for only $233...this sounds too good to be true, even if the 10 ms is a combined 20 ms for both rising and falling...do any of you have any experience or knowledge about it?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=wl-15

Maybe it's a mistake.

I'd say it's safe to go ahead and order since it is newegg.

I'm not trying to say it doesn't exist or its a scam or something...Ive ordered from Newegg many a time, I trust them :). Im just wondering if the specs claimed by the company are bogus.

A very important spec that is missing is the viewing angle. Also the nits of brightness. Be cautious. I wish they had the link to the manufacturer. I see the 120 degree angle, but it doesn't say for vertical or horizontal.

I don't care about viewing angle, though Im not too sure about brightness. What's the normal brightness for a CRT, so I have some comparison?

Back