• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sudden thermaltake smart fan 2 control death?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubulg6000

I just placed a hollowed out fan below the thermaltake smart fan 2 on my volcano 9 and now the fan doesn't can't be controled and no longer registers an rpm unless its at its max (jumper controlled). What happened? Anyone else experience this? Now i need to wait a week for svc to get more in stock.

Yeah, i ripped the core and the extensions to its case of the fans. You know the 3 pieces of plastic that extend to the case of the fan, well i cut those off and mounted my thermaltake fan on it so it acts like a tiny duct. For some reason, the fan cannot be controlled anymore.

Sadly enough, I too am a victim of sttsf2ds. Mine only lasted 3 1/2 months. I've heard numerous other reports of this terminal disease striking unsuspecting smartfans. So I'm getting a refund instead of a replacement from SVC. I'll try a different fan.

Back