• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Pro266 TD Master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DS

Registered
This is a P3 board that will run Tualatin cores. Has anyone tried this board? How is it for overclocking and what dividers does it have?
Thanx.

You'd have a much better chance of getting a response over at 2cpu's forums. They have some serious residential guru's on SMP. No doubt someone there has your board. :)

I've used it, and it's okay for overclocking. You can select FSB speeds in 1MHz increments up to 166MHz. Voltage is not selectable, so you would have to do a mod. I did it, and had two P3-S 1.26GHz CPUs running at 9.5x166=1583MHz. It uses DDR memory with a VIA chipset, so my memory bandwidth even at CL2 was lower than Intel 815 with SDRAM. The system was fast, but I wasn't happy with the low memory performance. If that's not important to you, you will do just fine. That's probably the best mobo for dual tualatins. It beats the crap out of that Iwill DVD266u-RN. I struggled with that board for a year. Good luck to ya!

Back