• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where did this guy get this???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_MiL

http://home.attbi.com/~bldegle2/index2.html

Where did this guy get the plastic he used to make this awesome duct? This is probably one of the best ducts I've seen but I can't seem to find the stuff he used here! Also, why does he have 2 fans at the end of the duct? I would think that one fan pushing directly onto another would not be a good thing at all!

thanks!
I feel dumb though cause I looked through that thread and somehow managed to completely miss the link!

I'm still looking for an easily moldable plastic that is cheap and will do the job. I've found some clay like stuff called FIMO that you mold and then bake to make a solid plastic part, but I'm still looking for something that might be a bit easier.

If you made another duct for the PSU fan to point up that could help eliminate the exhaust heat from contaminating your intake heat.
That way you would still get the shorter duct with less turbulance and cooler air.

I wonder if this would work better then regular fan adaptors
adapt80.jpg

It uses the same properties as the tornado (car intake product).

Last edited:
trdsw20 said:

I wonder if this would work better then regular fan adaptors
adapt80.jpg

It uses the same properties as the tornado (car intake product).

In theory, the adaptor should get rid of the so-called "blind spot" of the fan where the motor is located by making airflow overlap. It should also ,in theory, cause a slight increase in capabilities by increasing the air mass's surface area, hence increasing it's contact with the heatsink. While the basic facts are sound, I draw into question the adaptor's ability to make it happen. If it's not done right, then what you have is just an adaptor with prongs that decrease the CFM rating by blocking airflow. I personally think that the prongs are too big and may constrict rather then swish airflow. So yeah, a regular fan adaptor may be better.

Daemonfly,
Which of the available acrylic on usplastic.com would you recommend? I see the "kit" to make picture frames that says it has instructions on how to bend it to make the frames, but do you think that that would be enough material to make a duct? Is the regular acrylic sheet or tubing equally easy to form? I've been trying to get info off the net about thermoformable plastics, but it appears that I just don't have the stomach for the names of these plastics as they tend to get quite long :eek:

But if you've got some knowledge in the area of plastics and how to form them into a duct, please share!

Back