• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best card verse $$$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ratinfested

i had my heart set on getting a ati 9500 tomorrow but i just won $600. what is THE best card for the $$$ right now. im not talking fasted most expensive but the best value card right now.

9700 is the best value at the moment.Its just a tad more than the 9500 and you get performance that will last you 2 years depending on what you are doing with the card.

if you are talking about 9700Pro, then it's not the best performance : $

even when 9800Pro is really on the self of every store, 9700Pro will be over $200 any time.

right now 9500Pro is the best choice for people who don't want to burn their money...

Ratinfested said:
i had my heart set on getting a ati 9500 tomorrow but i just won $600. what is THE best card for the $$$ right now. im not talking fasted most expensive but the best value card right now.

I agree with BigJk, buy a 9700pro from one of the more reputable people, (sapphire, hercules) and it will last you well into next year, (unless you're one of those benchmark-driven people who can't stand to be out of the 99th percentile).

wildfrogman said:
I would think the radeon 9700 np would be a good deal from say sapphire. When the 9800 PRO is out in enough numbers in a short time the 9700np's should be near $200.

np = 4 memory pipes = doom3, (and everything else that will use doom3's engine) isn't going to look good. :) Get the pro so you can actually leave AA and Ansio on. If you get the pro version you *should* be able to play all games well for at least a year, non-pro you will probably want to upgrade, (again) in November.

kestrel said:

np = 4 memory pipes = doom3, (and everything else that will use doom3's engine) isn't going to look good. :) Get the pro so you can actually leave AA and Ansio on. If you get the pro version you *should* be able to play all games well for at least a year, non-pro you will probably want to upgrade, (again) in November.

What?!? the 9500 series has the cut down memory pipes not the 9700~series. The 9700 is the same as the 9700 pro except for a little bit slower ram and core clock that with good ram you could overclock past 9700 pro speeds while being alot cheaper.

wildfrogman said:
What?!? the 9500 series has the cut down memory pipes not the 9700~series. The 9700 is the same as the 9700 pro except for a little bit slower ram and core clock that with good ram you could overclock past 9700 pro speeds while being alot cheaper.

Oh.

actually only the 9500non-pro has 4 pipelines. the 9500pro has 8 pipelines, but only 128bit memory interface, versus the 97xx's 256bit interface.

Back