• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best thing to cut acrylic with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
a jigsaw would work better with cutting out a simple window but for more detail a dremel would be better, but its really up to preference and what you have access to, but the important thing is to go slow especially with the dremel, run it too fast and you'll melt the acrylic.

alright, I have access to both of those along witha few other saw....I'll go with the jig-saw and a fine toothed blade.

Thanks, you guys are great!

That depends... If you are cutting the plexi in a straight line you could use a ruler and a sharp utility knife to score it and then just snap the plexi into the correct pieces.

If you are cutting a circle or a rounded pattern I use a bandsaw with a fine toothed blade.

Brian

I've found fine toothed blades usually melt it. I always use a somewhat coarse wood blade when I cut it, and just take my time. I get absolutely NO meltage.

well, i solved the problem another way, just move the chieftec handle to teh top of the side-panel........

Back