• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unsafe temp for amd system =( oh oh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollPhree

im getting 49c with 2100 everything defualt.. and one them vantect fans and stuff the mangent =P thing

is that way to hot? I remember with wc I got 25c =P but I dunno a amd safe temp 49c seems pretty hot.. bw all im doing right now is installing stuff so i dunno thanks

49C isn't too hot for an AMD, if you hit 70C then you start worrying. i wouldn't try to overclock that chip until you get the cooling straightened out though, if you already at 49C then i don't think you'll get much of an overclock and stay stable.

btw, what heatsink are you using? that temp sounds about right for a stock AMD heatsink actually (assuming that it's a full load temp)

I just put in eveyrthing.. im getting 48c not load =(

this is asus pc probe.. ive heard befor it reads hot.. could that be?

maybe I should reaply.. or possibly its just reading it a little hot? is that possible? im geting 49 - 50 =)( reguler
that kinda sucks eh?

I heard some nice things about that HSF.
What did you do?
Did you reinstall it or did the temps go up for no reason ?

Personally I don't care if it's under 60°C

thouroguhbred 2100. Im runing the msi nforce board
and a vantec tmd fan. I said that already. the one with magenects in it

Do you mean Magnet or Magnetics?

What kind of thermal grease are you using on the heatsink?

If you are using an MSI board, why are you using an Asus program? Try using PC Alert 4, from MSI, or try downloading Motherboard Monitor 5. You can find both by doing a search on Google.com.

i'm getting those same temps with my tbred b 2100+, nf7-s, and AS3 and some no name heatsink. Actually I'm getting around 50C -55c load and the case is 30C. i'm not too worried, i'm putting together a water cooling rig right now, but having some troubles getting the heatercore to fit in the case. When i get the water together that's when i'll be pushing the limits of this chip.

Nforce2

The board is your problem. The MSI Nforce boards are known to run a bit hot, I know mine does. It really isn't as hot as it says, I was always around 45 on my Soyo board when overclocked, and now I am at about 55 no load on this board, so it isn't uncommon to have them read a bit high. Don't worry about it until you have some stability problems, just know that these boards are known to run hot.

darnit =( you need learn to read what im trying say.. wait.. *sigh*

sorry I thought I had asus for a sec beacsue my vidoe card is asus.

I have MSI lol =P I have the heatsink/tmd fan vantec deal you can get it at frys =P its spost be a nice fan. thanks I think it is runing a bit hotter then it really is

just get a new heatsink, if you don't wanna pay too much grab a volcano9, only 20 bucks and they work great

I own a MSI nforce 1 with a Evercool CUD-715 my CPU temps are at 35C idle/41C load, Maybe its the HS and HSF that is the problem.

Back