• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply screws

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serraph

Does anyone know what size the screws that are used to secure power supplies to the case are? I need some that are the same diameter and with the same size threads but longer since I'm making a custom case and the screws need to be able to reach the PS through about 1/4" of wood. Thanks.

Almost all screws used in computers are 6-32. I bought some longer ones myself, My local hardware store had then in lengths on 1/4, 3/8,1/2, and 3/4... you your local place should too.

Good idea I'll go ask someone at Ace Hardware on Monday. :) Hopefully he knows what he's talking about and if he doesn't I'll check out some 6-32's and see if they are the same. BTW what does 6-32 mean? Is it the type of screw or is it a measurement of some kind?

It tells about the diameter (that's the 6) and how many threads per inch that's 32.

Yup, TLhead got it right, and thats a standard, so any hardware store should know exactly what you need if you say 6-32 screw, you just need the proper length then :)

Back