• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Chip and now questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Ok. Well my 1600+ seemed to have died and so I was on a backup T-Bird and I saw a great deal on this 2000+. So I ended up getting it and heres the info on it for the ones who may want it.

CPU.jpg

Well when I was installing the CPU I noticed the L1 bridges weren't cut like my 1600+! :eek: Did I get luucky and get a uncut chip? The other normal ones are cut but the L1 bridges don't have that laser cut gap there. So can I do something like the pencil trick on it? There are no gaps, would I still screw it up?

Also, with my current setup (the one in sig) what overclocking should I expect with the TOCOOL Navasonic heatsink. It is very similar to This one which was reviewed at Overclockers.

You *might* be able to get the chip to 2GHz. I would probably have bought an XP 1700+ B for $50, or $72 for the ones that are getting 2400-2500MHz.

T-breds are factory unlocked no need for mods unless you need multipliers 13x and above ......... and yah you bought the wrong chip ..... daz a T-bred A ......... there are plenty of T-bred B's (2 revisions) .... T-bred B with DUT3C's (voltage hungry but awesome OC as well ) and DLT3C's (current hungry but lower temps and everyone's favorite at the moment)

It is a tempary chip, I bought the combo for my new gaming server/file server. The chip I am buying soon as I get my paycheck is a 2500+ Barton. Thanks for the feedback guys!

SniperXX said:
Also, I do want to OC via the multiplyer so which one would I have to mod so I get get higher multiplyers?

Why do you wanna do that? Higher FSB = better performance.

Where did you get that nice table with info from? Do you have some app that gives you that info or?

Just asking since I was under the impression that you couldn't get the stepping codes from the chips with any app..

The Link. I like it for the clean info in a table.

"Automated Athlon Code Reader"
Ed Stroligo - 3/17/03
The link

Then there was a second part:
"The Not-Code"
Ed Stroligo - 4/7/03
The link

EDIT: So how can I ake it so I can chage the multiplyer???

Last edited:
I know but I can only reach 145MHz FSB right now, plus I want to know about unlocking it. Also, are there other ways to unlock my chip than using a kit or something?

Back