• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know anything about the XDream hsf. (coolermaster)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slater3333uk

I have seen this hsf from coolermaster

http://www.coolermaster.com.hk/product_detail.asp?lang=eng&at=boutique&category_id=1&product_id=5

it looks good and is cheap but i cant find alot of performance info on it. i only want it for my second rig witch currently is not o/c. it looks very simlar to the v9 design but its alot cheaper so im thinking i mite buy one and see what its like. i cant find alot through a forum serch so

Has anyone got one? any reviews? experiances please :)

Ps. if its crap then ive still got myself a adustable 80mm fan and some ramsinks:D

The site wont load :mad:
saiyan.gif

You know, sometimes i feel bad for ppl outside the US. We get all the cool stuff and all the choice, and everyone else has to live with third-grade stuff. Even Canada - their Thermalright stuff costs like twice what it costs here, taking the exchange rate into account.

Sorry folks! :D

/me enjoys his Thermalright AX-7 and SK-7 :D

Heres another link not as much info but theres a pic:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=43374

Mark is right things are alot more expencive over here so im allways on the lookout for a good cheap deal. if i wanted to buy a slk-900 it would cost me around 50 pounds!! witch is around 80$!!! and i still have to buy a fan and stuff. thats why a 12 pound cooler is quite appealing eaven if its not the best.

Just watch out as they are VERY VERY loud even when turned down to minimum.
This factor alone should put you off.
At max it sounds like a hair dryer on steriods and is unbearable.
I'd avoid it to be honest.

Insomniak said:
Just watch out as they are VERY VERY loud even when turned down to minimum.
This factor alone should put you off.
At max it sounds like a hair dryer on steriods and is unbearable.
I'd avoid it to be honest.

I shall now welcome you to the forums in an insanely large font.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

I found there peformance to be adequate:D....they aren't as noisy as the tornado 85cfm fans though...but they are kinda noisy...I think the volcano7+ is better though..think there is a comparrison on main overclockers.com page:D

I have one in my computer and it's not loud at low speed setting. It's same noise level as most fan at 3000rpm level.

Performance is actually not bad, dropped 10C over AMD heatsink while I played the fan at 3000rpm. I tried full speed, but temp does not drop significantly (5C most). Decided to turn back to 3000rpm for noise concern.

Overall, I said it's a best bang for the buck fan.

Well i see mixed responses some good some bad

Dose anyone have attual temp readings? Nerdwannabe im looking at you;) :)

it looks and sounds like its very simlar to the volcano 9 and i am very impressed with my v9 so hopefully i will be impressed with the cheaper xdream.

Thanx to everyone who replied so far:D will order and report back

ive bought one of these, and it didnt do much heat wise, i was using the HSF which came with my AMD XP2000, but for some reason lately it was gettin upto temperatures of 65c so i bought this one. Its quite big compared to the other one and it has a 80mm fan, it is loud on the full setting, but on the low setting it isnt too bad but u may hear a whining noise which can get annoying, but i cannot hear it due to my case fans. At the moment my CPU temp is 51c the comp has been on for quite a while, although my comp is round at a friends at the mo and it is absolutly freezing around here. When at home its usually around 54c and goes upto 60c sometimes on a night for some reason, but i think the main problem with my temperatures if the size of my case, i recently got a dual fan PSU but i think it has been made wrong with the fan in the wrong place.

Hope that helps; oh also, the fan clip is quite big and depending on your motherboard it wont go on correctly, at the moment the fan clip is actually touching the bottom of my PSU so if your processor socket is at the v.edge of your motherboard then i would reckon it would be hard to install properly.

DJ Phatic

slater3333uk said:
Well i see mixed responses some good some bad

Dose anyone have attual temp readings? Nerdwannabe im looking at you;) :)

it looks and sounds like its very simlar to the volcano 9 and i am very impressed with my v9 so hopefully i will be impressed with the cheaper xdream.

Thanx to everyone who replied so far:D will order and report back

I dont' like to give out temp readings since my reading will vary from yours. I can only tell you how much it improves over the AMD standard fan.

I believe XDream and V9 should perform quite similar. I had seen some reviews that showed XDream came on top of V9. I dont' have a V9, thus I havn't compare them myself.

You know, sometimes i feel bad for ppl outside the US. We get all the cool stuff and all the choice, and everyone else has to live with third-grade stuff. Even Canada - their Thermalright stuff costs like twice what it costs here, taking the exchange rate into account.

The greatest difference is in the VAT I guess.. can't remember what it's called over there.. anyways.. here in Finland the VAT (Value Added Tax) is 22% whereas it's like 6% (guess it differs from state to state) in the US.. which means you will always have at least an 16% price difference.. plus the fact that many of the companies are american based so you get it even cheaper..

SlaterUK, did you consider the Volcano 11 from dabs? £15 - all copper and looks fantastic too!

Performance is good, about 2 - 3 C better than my volcano 9, my XP 2100 @ 2150 is doing about 46-7C at full load, thats in the crappy UK climate ;)

And noise is alright too, although I may later consider getting bigger bolts for it.

yes, us UK folk do have it bad. Things are very expensive, didnt stop me purchasing my much loved SLK-900 though ;] and yes it did cost me £50 (bout $80 i think)

From what I have seen for reviews on this HS I would have to say its a good HS for the money. $20 pretty much everywhere online and better then the stock AMD HS. If your going for high overclocks then I would stay clear of this one.

I'm from the UK as well, bought one of these from ebuyer some time ago for £12 free del offer.

I also find it quite noisy on low speeds, so i replaced it with a panaflo L1a @ 12v, and it is close to being silent.

This hsf replaced my taisol 760 with the same panaflo (fins bent to 80mm), i think temps dropped by 1-2C but the taisol was quite dusty when i took it off, but it's quieter because there's less backpressure than with the taisol.

I'm considering lapping the base of the xdream but not sure what difference it will make, any people who have done this yet?

edit: oh and it's keeping my xp1700 jiuhb 0303 (dut3c) at 2100mhz @ 1.75v. It's suddenly got a lot hotter in the UK in the last few days, currently sitting at 48C idle, 55C load (usually about 50 load).

Last edited:
Back