• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

freeware game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wankstar

Registered
hey, i downloaded a game the other day, its freeware kinda like a demo, and started playing on my amd pc, this one and it worked fine but as soon as i put it on a cd and took it to my p4 system, it started having problems, sometimnes it stopped and continued, it does that through out the game ever 40 "not responding" and the starts again.
then i deleted the game on my amd system and started it from the cd it worked fine, what could be the prob? on my p4 system?

Maybe it has something to do with P4 not supputing 3D now or something like that. Not a programmer and never done it but seems to me it would be possible to write a program that would call for certain actions to take place that one system or the other wouldn't be able to do. I know that the old mmx stuff cuold cause problems. The other thing I could think of is VESA driveers that wouldn't have anything to do with the proccesor but the OS.

Back