• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer loosing its "power"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crion

Registered
I don't if this is the right place to post this thread... anyways,
somtimes my computer starts to act like a 426 or something, usally when i played a 3Dgame for somewhile or something like that. For examle. if i normaly play a game with 100fps or something after sometime(randomly) the fps drops to like 30 or something and when i quit the game windows i so slooooow.

does anyone know what the problem is?

that would make sense beucase as you run the ram will start to fill up and some programs dont release the ram like there sposed to

you could always add a cpu upgrade to that ram as well

the other thing that always helps me is a fresh format and reinstall

Try pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and checking your MEM usage in the Performance tab. If the MEM usage is high, then one of the programs that you have (or had) running is taking up a bunch of memory and not releasing it when it is done with it.

oh oh oh

that reminds me

run a spyware search
(adware)

Sure it isn't a heat issue, either processor, GPU, or northbridge? I had a similar problem, only it was my GPU.. The fan died on it and every time I played UT, it slowed way down...

Back