• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100+ rated as 1500+ in bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riceimport

Registered
i have an amd 2100+ B and it says in my bios that my processor is an amd 1500+ . my motherboard is a soltek SL-75DRV4 purple ray . how would i fix this?

did you build the comp yourself? if so when you first boot it up the multipliers and FSB might be set lower than the 2100+ is set to run.

I have an 1800+ and when i first put the comp together iit ran at like 1.2 GHz or something like that..

If thats the case all you have to do is raise the FSB and/or multipliers so that you get your processer running at the proper speed

What Jiggydrag said. I had that problem with my ECS board when I put in a new 1800+. The default settings worked for my 800mhz Duron, but made my motherboard think the 1800+ was a generic AMD processor at 1.125mhz. Changing a few settings around and on POST it shows Athlon 1800+.

yeah i built it myself its my first build so ill go and try to change it now thanks

yeah i had the smae problem when i built my rig (it being my first one also) just did a littel research on how to raise FSB and whatnot and when i had it up properly it read as a 1800+

Yeah I built my first system a few weeks back and my 2100+ did the same thing.. go into the bios and change the FSB to 133... thats the default for the chip. Don't be worried that you got sent the wrong thing, it's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back