• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2000+ Overclocking Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

Have any of you had much success overclocking this chip? I have an OEM version of it that I got about a year ago, but I have never been able to OC it very well (granted I am a OC newbie but still). I haven't messed much with multipliers yet, but maybe that is what I need to do. The best I can get it to do is 12.5x 140 to give me a 1.75, which is ****ty. I have a decent OCing motherboard, and good RAM so I am not sure what else my problem could be. What success have you had with this kind of chip? My vcore is at 1.85 in case you were wondering.

You should be able to do better thna that I would think. I just picked up a 1900 pally and I'm hitting the wall at 143fsb and 13x multiplier for 1727mhz. Am looking at unlocking it next, AOIGA or whatever that s**ty stepping is.

I was able to get mine running at about 1775 MHz (12.5 x 142) stable, with the stock HSF, so I would say if you have decent cooling you should be able to get at least another 100-200 MHz out of it.

I had that chip, but I gave it to a friend for a cheap price. I could only get to a 145FSB with my best heatsink and fan combo. I hope you weren't expecting a high FSB with that thing. I didn't expect much and the funny thing is that I didn't get much.

I can tell you though that your mobo, (MSI version of NForce2 if memory serves me right.) is a good mobo for overclocking, I have one, definitely isn't your problem.

Also, to tell you the truth, the XP2000 (pally) isn't that good, it is really a bad chip in my opinion. What you might consider is getting a XP1700 TBred, I know it sounds weird but, this chip is know to get decent overclocking results. It is just that the Pally version of the XP's aren't to good and they tend to hate it when you go to high on the FSB.

LOL

Palominos cap kind of early, and the average owner will only get in the 1.8 - 1.9 ghz range.

I unlocked my 2000+ and am currently running at 11x166 for 1.84ghz. Anything more and it either won't post, or is REALLY flaky.

Okay, it sounds like it is time for a new chip in that time. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. Now, my question is which would be better, the Tbird 1700+ or 2100+. I have seen a lot of people using both of these, and I am not sure which to get. I have quite a bit of money for my age (18 year old senior in hs) that I have been saving up for college, so I don't mind spending some of it. What would be the best? Maybe even something different from those two, what do you think?

my TbredA 2000 can do 2ghz with stock volt (1.65) but still cant find this chip max oc since i not set up a good air cooling , without lapping hsf and without AS3 :)

urs is a Pally ?? oh well good luck since many had a time oc this chip

ps : i still have no idea how to cut those bridges , luckily I got mine unlocked :D

I'm running mine as a backup till I get my new Barton 2500+, Well I have my 2000+ overclocked. I am at 145x12.5 = 1822MHz. I have not tryed using multiplyers but 145MHz is my max FSB.

EDIT: VCore is also 1.6V on my 8RDA.

2000xp

Ive got a tbred 2000+ and ive had it up to around 1954 but right now im hitting a FSB of 177/10.5 for 1858 mhz which is fine by me ill take that FSB over cpu mhz any day

Back