• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motoracer 3 problems :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

i got this game and i have been a big time fan of moto racer 1 and used to play it like anything

the game simply refuses to run on my system (rig1) it once run the intro and than nothing and after that when i double click on the shortcut the mouse pointer turns to hour glass for about 2 secs and than nothing happens ..

i have windows xp sp-1 along with other security updates
direct x 9.0
detonator 43.00
creative audigy 2 updated drivers

i have even tried running it in compatibility mode, tried running it with firewall and antivirus off and nearly anything and everything i can think about but nada

is anyone else having the same problems?

If thats the game I'm thinking about, your not missing anything. I tried the demo because I liked the idea of racing others online in the city streets, but the control and the way everything moved and looked was just horrible! I quickly uninstalled it after that. I too loved MotoRacer1, but 3 just totally blew.

well i brought this game just coz i LOVED Moto Racer 1, infact i was never aware of the fact that there was ever moto racer 2 :rolleyes: anyways since i have it i might as well check it out before returning it (if it sucks that much)

there are not many good games around with heavy bikes and street racing (not intrested in dirt bike racing)

I couldent ge motor racer 3 to install either but I dont want to go out and actually pay for a CD LOL <--- I havent done that in a very long time

it run without any problems on my pc, and liked the gfx very much. not a very big game, sadly.

have you downloaded the update for it, baqai?

no i haven't james the stupid thing didn't worked for me so i returned it, it is working on my friend's rig though he have samiliar config to mine except he have ti4600 and 512mb ram on 2.0 ghz

I couldnt get it to run on my rig either. It just simply didnt like XP I dont think. I even installed the patch and all, tried compatability and everything. I guess thats what i get for thinking that $10 could get me software that is any good. :rolleyes:

im sure the patch specifically addressed the xp-compatibility problem. All i know is that, as i said, it ran flawlessly on my pc (which is running xp BTW)

Well maybe I will give it one more go, cause I really would like to try playing the street bike portion of it. I remember the PCGamer review and they said that the game was descent on both ends, but really shallow on gameplay in the dirt bike end of it. They said that the game should have focused solely on the street end and it would have had a winner. Take that for what it is worth anyhow, I cant even get the damned thing to run so far lol. Already two hours waisted just on dl'ing patches and farting around with trying to get it to run, not to mention trying to get all the crap that comes packaged with it uninstalled.

In my case, at least, ive just confirmed what i said.

i just installed MR3 on my comp and it didnt run. it got past the first movie and botted me back to the desktop.I installed patch v1.2 and it now works flawlessly:)

Back