• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata raid0 benchy and comments.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
raid benchy copy.jpg

this is 2x western digital 7200 2mb hdd's with 2 serilell adapters on sata raid.
was a pain in the #$%#$ under xp pro. controller wipped out and lost everything after a full install.

started over and is running flawless under 2k pro.
this thing is speedy ill agree but its very very new and buggy. dont try this route unless you want absolute speed and dont mind working threw bugs and are patient.

the sata raid id built into my nf7-s rev2 but you will need to buy a second adaptor.

runs flawless at the moment and with 220fsb 2.0-2-2-5 and 2.3 ghz is a speed demon!

many people will say raid0 speeds improvements are only noticeable on large file movement and such,but ive always used raid0 on my main rigs as i can tell a big differance all the way around.especially during install as the raid drivers are the first thing to go in the pc before even the os.

the hard drive is the biggest bottle neck we fight so on a fast rig i think its even more noticable speed increase.

Back