• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help w/MoBo Decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kj4ta

I hope this is the proper place to post this.

I could really use some advice on which MoBo to get. Money is a bit of an issue.
Anyway I would like to be able to use my current innards with the new MoBo. I would like the new MoBo to be able to use my AMD Duron 1 Gig., my memory which is PC 133 (512megs), and my sound card and video and HD and all the other innards.
I hate my current MoBo which has the VIA chipsets. They suck. Nearly all my games are freezing or crashing. All the help I have seeked for my troubles have pointed to my Creative Audigy 2 not getting along with the Via chipsets.
Some one please help me!
Thanks in advance,
Ken

well, you dont have much option if you are using sdram. To my knowlege all the nvidia chipsets (the only viable competition to via) are DDR. If I were you, I would get some ddr and an nforce 2. Ram is cheep now.

Back