• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumpa

I need an adapter to install HDD in 5.25 bay.

Does anyone know where can I get one ?
Thanks.

I have an old HP case and it had 5.25 dead HDD in it.

I installed a 20 GB HDD but had to use long screws, some rubber etc.

I doesn't have to be removable.

ur local como store will have em. The name of em has slipped my mind, though.

You're welcome. I have a couple because the rackmount case I'm using for my main machine ONLY has 5.25" bays (8 of them).

Last edited:
dumpa said:
8?:eek:

What case is that ?
It's an aluminum 4U rackmount case made by Skyhawk. This case was appearantly made for large RAID array machines, presumably with removable 5.25" hard drive modules. If you were to install it as a rackmount you'd only be able to use a slot-load CD/DVD drive.
0_c_front.jpg

Listing drives starting from the bottom...
- 24x12x42 CD-RW drive
- 20gb ATA100 HDD
- floppy in mounting frame
- 20gb ATA100 HDD

- Next two drive slots - > 80mm Ducted video card cooling
- Next two drive slots - > 80mm Ducted CPU cooling
My whole machine weighs only 20 pounds and I have a shoulder strap I can attach to it. One day I might actually build a custom desk/chair that utilizes the rackmount holes on the case.

My desk isn't big enough.
But I like big cases though.

Thanks again :)

Small is the way to go for the future, especially for machines that don't have extreme/water cooling. Seriously... the success of SFF should be a pointer to anyone looking to enter the case market now.

Back