• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m4a2t0t

Im building a new h20 system andwanted some suggestions. My parts include a eheim 1250, eheim 1048, black ice extreme, black ice micro, DD maze 3, z- chipset and a GPU block. It i setup to take 1/2" ID hose, my micro and 1048 are setup for 3/8" ID hose.

would it be better if I ran the GPU on its own circuit or should I put the GPU and chipset WB on the same circuit and let the CPU have its own circuit? The reason I ask is because Ill needto ship back the block(s) so I can get 3/8" fittings. I still have much modding to do and I dont think my curent case is going to be big enough anyways.

In my current h20 setup I didnt notice any difference in temps when the north wasnt in the CPU loop but I hear that the GPU puts out a lot of heat thats why I want to have a seperate cicuit for it.

Thanks
Matt

In my opinion, the 1250 alone will handle all three blocks, especially with a 1/2 inch system. I can not speak for the black ice as I have only used heater cores. In the case of the Chevette style heater core that is so popular, it is more than adequate for a three block system with proper fan(s) blowing through it, properly spaced using shroud(s). There is no reason why you could not use two pumps and a separate system for the GPU, but I don't think it will make a big difference in temperatures. The choice is obviously yours to make.

Hoot

I agree with Hoot. I have the 1250 and it'll work just fine for a three block setup. The only way that I could see you needing two separate circuits would be in the instance of cooling a highly-overclocked (i.e. 3gHz range) and a 9700p or GFFX in the same circuit, as the two chips (CPU and GPU) would add a great deal of heat to the circuit. But, assuming this is going onto the chips in your sig, I don't see any problems with running one circuit.

UNLESS you just wanted to get your hands dirty and experiment with it, then I would cite *EXTREME* need to do this. :cool:

Back