• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macky

Macaddict
Yay!! I'm ordering a new rig as soon as my paycheck actually goes into my checking account. Alright, so here's what I'm ordering:

Asus A7N8X-DX
Athlon XP 2500+ (barton core)
Thermalright SLK800-A with a Panoflo 80mm doing 46.9 CFM
256 stick of Samsung true DDR400
Already have a case
Enermax 350 Watt PSU
Lite-On 52x24x52x black CD-RW
Western Digital 80Gig special edition

Let me know what you think.
:cool:

:edit:
I already have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 dolby digital, a Gainward Geforce3 ti450 tv jumbo, an NEC MultiSync FE770 Black.
I am borrowing a keyboard and mouse from my friend until I can get the Logitech Elite wireless keyboard and the MX700 mouse with my next paycheck.

Last edited:
Looks real nice. You will probably get crap about ordering the Barton, but I say go for it. I am ordering one in a month or so.

Sounds quite nice to me, gonna cost a pretty penny aint it?

I would like to ask a favour, when you have it all setup, could you let me know what CPU temps your getting, I have a SLK-800 on my XP2000+ and similar fan I think? And im getting temps of 40-45c, I think thats a bit toasty. Might need to be reseated.

Just PM me or reply to your thread.

Z

To be honest, I think you should go with a 2100 and 512mb of ram.

The cost difference would make up most of the price of the ram. Im not saying this to dis your barton desision, but on a specific but on that specific budget, its better to have more ram.

I WAS gonna get a new computer this week, but my car just died on me :mad:. I am sooooo mad right now. It was running fine and then bam, dead. It wont even turn over. So now I just cancelled my order with newegg. I guess I'm just not destined to have a new computer. I'm stuck with a loner system for now :rolleyes:.

So I decided to go ahead and order a few of my parts. I ordered:
Athlon XP 2600+(T-bred core) - $161.00
Asus A7N8X-DX - $144.50
Thermalright SLK800-A with Panoflo 80mm doin 39cfm - $46.00
2*256MB Samsung true DDR400 - $90.00

Total w/ S&H - $456.47

I get paid again next friday, so I will finish my system with that.

Sounds pretty sweet. I'm thinking about getting a 1700+ JIUHB to replace my 1.4ghz tbird sometime soon to hold me over until I have enough to build a brand spanking new system. That, or get a watercooling setup for my tbird. Decisions decisions. :rolleyes: Keep us posted with your new rig. :)

Back