• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech GPU block + tec.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aarion

Registered
I would like to know what king of temp to aspect when using the swiftech water with an 80 watts peltier. And also i would volt-mod my GPU and ram.

I'm using the Ti 4200 128 mb version. Would there be condensation happening to my card. Thank you.

I'm getting 10-13c measured on the back of the gpu with about 20c water temp, stock voltage. I don't know what that translates to for the front. I get no condensation on the back but I still keep the neoprene pad in place. You don't have to worry about it on the front if you follow the instructions. It comes all put together, all you have to do is put some dielectric grease around the socket. I've got it powered from my regular power supply, Antec True430, with no probs.

oh ok? but my water temp will be arounf 35c. And how's the performance of the dd z-chip? and can u pls show me the loop of your wc rig. Thank you.

I should have a pic for you tomorrow or friday. Why is your water temp so high?

if you are in a tropical climate, the chances of condensation from a tec will be significantly greater. a warm, humid climate, with very low temps is a formula for condensation. just think about a glass with a cold drink that you leave sitting on your desk. you will want to make sure you insulate the front and back of the card with neoprene.

Insulating?

originally posted by imog
Insulating your rig is really not a very large obstacle. Plan to insulate during a time when you have no other plans and will not be rushed for any reason, and getting it right will be easy.

Supplies:
You need neoprene, dielectric grease. and silicon.

Procedure: fill part of the inside of the socket with dielectric grease. insert a pad of neoprene on top of that to fill most of the area, top off inside socket with dielectric grease. cover back of die area on chip with dielectric grease. insulate the pins with dielectric grease (in holes of socket). cut neoprene to fit pretty snugly around socket. use silicone to adhere it to mobo. fill any gaps between neoprene and socket/mobo with dielectric grease, leave no air. put waterblock on and do the same around that as you did with the socket, leaving no air inside neoprene. leave no pathway, no matter how small, for air to travel from the case to inside the neoprene. take dielectric grease and cover the back of the mobo corresponding to the socket. take a pad of neoprene and adhere it to the mobo over the dielectric grease. leave no gaps for air. be VERY liberal with dielectric grease through the whole process. You shouldn't have any problems if you take your time. that's it. unless i oversited something. :D

Remember the search button is your friend. :)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Your application will be slightly different for a GPU, but basically it will be the same.

vwp2

Aarion, here's a pic of my system. Sorry, didn't have a close up of the internals but I think you can make out the loop. It goes CPU-NB-GPU-Rad-Fountain(external)-Pump(external).

I don't have any numbers to give you on the chipset block. I've got a good mount on it so I'm sure it is doing better than air, but it is kind of restrictive and if I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't wc the NB.

One more thing, the instructions that IMOG posted are a lot deeper than you'll need to go with the Swiftech stuff. Just a bead of grease around the GPU, mount the block, then put the neoprene on the backside. There is no filling of socket holes or cutting of neoprene. It comes all put together. Swiftech made it very simple. Good luck!

Thank you very much man. Since u say so, i think i may skip the nb block too.

cooling the nb isnt always a bad idea, depending on your system. for example, i know the nb's on the epox 8rda's gets really hot, especially with high fsb. while a pelt would certainly be overkill, water cooling might not be to bad of an idea, and a hsf unit is definately a good idea. my nb has a passive cooler, and it can get pretty toasty, especially at 180fsb.

Well said SpaceRanger. My system is a Rambus system that doesn't oc very well. I can only get the fsb up to 145, and while the nb does get warm, it doesn't get hot. In my setup two blocks vs. three is a big difference in flow rate. Take a look at what you've got and compare it what others are saying. Search for "NB Cooling" and you'll find specifics on which boards get hot at what speeds.

i know my nb is hot b'coz using nforce 2 board. Running at 220 mhz @ 1.9 v.

My 2 cents

I use 3 radiators & 11 fans nexus fan controller.. 1 heater core 2X6X9...1 black ice extreme2....1 swiftech mico mini

My temps are pretty good I think CPU 27C...GPU 31C ..Case 25C..water 25C....room temp about 21C

water route pump..into cpu out from cpu into micro mini (1 fan sucking 1 fan blowing back of the case) out to gpu...out from gpu up to the top of the case to the heater core (two fans sucking two fans blowing) out to bottom front to black ice extreme2 (2 fans blowing one sucking) back to the pump.

Fans & PSU fans 1000 rpm's to 4000 rpm's temps above are all fans on about 1300 rpm's at 4000 it drops 1 or 2 degrees not worth the noise :)

P4-side-water.jpg

P4-front.jpg

The termal probes in the front cpu-gpu-case-water....the gpu temp is high that is my g4 way overclocked the ati runs much cooler:)

1700 TBred @ 2320Mhz(220fsb X 10.5 2.1VCore)
Cyclone 5 wb, ehiem 1250, heatercore
Abit NF7-s | No name 400 Watt
256MB HyperX PC 3500 x 2 (Expert Timings 2,2,2,5)
Sapphire 128MB ATI 9500 pro | Soundstorm
1 x Seagate 40Gig Baracuda IV | 52 X CDROM - 16 X DVD
19inch Samsung

That's my system spec.

Beast, damn nice rig u got there. How did u manage to get the raditor into that small case? U r good man.

dang beast, thats a lot of stuff to uh....stuff into a case. nice job. those vantec panels are the best. i dont know how i lived without mine!

aarion, if you have the time, and some extra cash, im guessing it certainly wouldnt hurt to cool your nb in that setup. i bet its a bit toasty. of course, if you dont have stability issues already, then you probably dont have to worry about it to much.

Well this is for Beast_USA as he wanted to see my set up.

The deskTop
desktops.JPG

The Games Rig
//www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/sideview.JPG
Lights On
insideher.JPG

Back