• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backplates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumpa

Does anyone sell backplates only ?
What's the big deal with it?

They want to make us buy a new mobo or case just to get a backplate ?

Umm, how do I put this delicately? It is a niche market. Yeah, that's it. A niche market, that's why no one seems to sell I/O plates by themselves.

The less-polite translation is that because I/O plates come with most cases and motherboards, not a lot of people will ever need more than two per system. Ergo, businesses don't see a need to stock or sell them as a replacement part.

If your motherboard has a standard ATX port layout, your local computer shop will probably be happy to give you one they have laying around. But if your board has a special layout, like most enthusiast boards of the last couple years, your only hope is to e-mail the board maker and suck-up like a mother, or make your own.

BHD

Ahh come on BaldheadedDork, quit beating around the bush;)

My suggestion would be to go dumpster diving behind a local computer shop, you'll more than likely find one.:D

Last edited:
I week ago or so I didn't purchase a refurbished ABIT AT7-MAX2 for 69$ from newegg.com because it didn't have backplate included.

Back