• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 3.6 GHz low sandra score?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paymon

This is my P4 2.4B @ 3.6 GHz. Doesnt the sandra score seem about 1000 points lower than normal on the INT unit?

sandracpu.jpg

This cant be due to thermal throttling.. im running a swiftech mcx4000 w/ 84cfm tornado fan. The max load temp reaches 55C

ahh... you're not looking close enough. The CPU you're comparing your CPU to has Hyper threading, yours doesn't. You're CPU is right where it should be for a non-HT CPU.

SMT 2 means hyperthreading or dual CPU's

did you handpick it? or did you order online, if so where from.

wuts the vcore and cooling, sorry for all the questions.

its weird i dont get sandra or these chips sometimes. my week 52 costa rica scored 9900mips at 3420 MHz but sometimes it scores low 9k My chip should not be throttling cuzz temps are below 55c normally like 50c so i dont get it either.

AZN

i am having 67*C on CPU right now....it's still running Prime95 right now....it has being this way for about 12 hours so far...

Skeetman said:
At what temp does throttling kick in? I thought it was ~70, so I don't think this is a throttling problem.

It varies from chip to chip. Generally, throttling starts somewhere between 63C and 68C, but won't be very noticeable before 70C. Raising the Vcore on a chip will also skew the throttle point (usully moving it higher).

That looks right to me, my 3.42GHz P4 scores

Dhrystone ALU: 9547MIPS
Whetstone FPU/SSE2: 1895/4236

As said before the other chip is a HT 2.8GHz P4 so it will score better since HT adds extra power, theoretically its like having dual procs, to make it score better than your chip. If you look at the nonHT 3.06GHz numbers its:

Dhrystone ALU: 8164MIPS
Whetstone FPU/SSE2: 1717/4009 MFLOPS

Back