• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via C3 and VCM Sdram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefoo21

Ok first to the pos via c3 i posess freaky overclockin chip, volt changing, fsb changing, multiplier changing heh, so much room but the stupid thing will only run for 5 min above 1 ghz before a debugger thing inside clicks on and stops the pc. so there are 2 lil gold jumpers on the back that aren't joined mite these unlock the lil bugger cuz rite now i can jump it too 1.5 but.... it stalls after 5 min.

Oh and for 937mhz the vcore is 1.35 :D

onto vcm sdram, this stuff is rare as all hell around here i can't seem to find any so... is it worth while to get this stuff since it seems to be generally better than normal dimm's. or is it part of faster better ram... my mobo supports it.

no one likes via's here? heh i wouldn't mind one of there new processors to play with ram the vcore to 1.5 and heh but the small cache blows.

heh definately not many C3s around here :D

I always wanted one, just for the heck of it, but never got around to it. Sure would like one, tho.

As for VCM SDRAM- I researched the heck out of that stuff, back when I was on a Pro133 chipset. It's not worth anything, really. It's a lot more expensive than normal RAM, much harder to find, and while it's faster at stock speeds it supposedly can't OC worth a hoot. I was never really sure how or why it was faster, only that it was better but 5-10%. And that won't even show up except in benchmarks.

the ram has on board cache so it has less page misses. vcm = virtual channel ram. its supposed to run cooler than normal dimms too.

Back