• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New computer technology??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Hi guys just wondering if you can think of some new computer technologies that are coming out for the PC. .... I have to give a presentation of a technology... I was thinking bluetooth...any help????

Thanks Oz

There are systems being developed that can control a system with nothing else then your mind.

US Airforce is developing similar technologies for mind controlled fighters.

I don't know about that but there are wearable computers just becoming available to the general public now according to POP Science two months ago.-

Cjwinnit said:
A new Fighter aircraft has built-in Voice Recognition technonlgy.

"Fire" :D

that could be bad...

"Hawk eye, man these planes are hot in this iraqi heat ehh...feels like it's on fire....o ****...hawk eye, turn left...."

You could always dig a bit deeper into the technology and talk about the 90nm fabrication process. This is a drop down from 130nm. That distance is the size of the gap in a transistor. Smaller gaps = lower required voltage and more transistors crammed into one spot.

Or you can talk about Intels hyperthreading. The actual name for the technology advancement is simultaneous multithreading. Dean Tullsen, currently a professor at UCSD, did his thesis on it and is the main contributor to the technology.

Or how about USB 2.0? faster data transfer and such.

CANTERWOOOD!
:D

The i875 Chipset, AKA Canterwood, will have a seperate data bus channels for SATA, PATA, Dual Channel DDR, PCI Slots, AGP Bus, Gigabit Ethernet, and USB 2.0!!

Thanks for the tips...

Might do hyperthreading...Canterwood someone else did :(.. as for transistors :) I know how they work...but not the internal workings to well. I know their P type material / N type and their switches PNP NPN, when voltage is applied to the base they close. But I don't know anything about the interal workings :)

I don't have a link, but OLED monitors look like a pretty cool future development (very flat monitors with low power consumption that use organic LEDs).

edit: I'm a big fat liar. Here's a link.

www.zzz.com.ru

always has good stuff

flip there the archives there was something about a home that uses no outside energy

there was something i saw along time ago about giving a house a "central computer" and it would essantually day trade with your utlitiys

ie constantly monitor electric prices for that day and always switch to the lowest priced provider

also it would adjust the house tempature acording to who was there or what time it was ( ie colder at night or when every one is gone)

lots of other neat stuff i wish theywould get off there buts and actuall do some of this stuff

Back