• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speaker question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArBiTaL 24

There is no spoon
Yes, it's me with another speaker question :rolleyes: :D

Just a quick one, basically, in a SHORT, QUICK, review, could someone please explain the differance between
This, and this
Also, why is this so *cheap* compared with some of the 5.1 ones? personally, i cannot justify £250 for some speakers, but there must be a good reason why they cost more...

All £ to $ price conversion can be done here.

Now, i know someone is going to say "well, there's a description under each one...."
Well, my knowledge of speakers equals my knowledge of car engines. Some are loud, some are quiet, some go "vroom" and some just quietly chug. You get the picture...
Please, just a quick overview. No nasty sound related jargon except basic stuff like watts and DB :D

Thank-you, ArBiTaL24.

Last edited:
The 5300 series is the best choice if you already have a sound card with a 5.1 decoder on it. The two higher series just have integrated decoders in them so that you can connect them to any digital source and get 5.1 sound out of it.

Cool, thank-you :)
I have edited out the last two sets from my post accordingly.
Now my questions are just:

1) What's the main differance between the 5100 and 5300 and
2) Why is a 5.1 set (5300) the same cost as a 6.1 set (see 3rd link) which seems to have just as many features?

Thanks again, ArBiTaL24.

I'm not sure man. Looking that spec for both the only dif seems to be the number of channels. As far the reason for pricing no idea. Go with what you want.

Back