• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

verbatim

I am looking 4 some sort of program that tests dual processing so I can benchmark against a 3.06 p4. I know they have more power and kick butt on most things but I would like to see just how good and effective the ht feature is.

I have seen tests done on sites with norton av and photoshop among others. How is this done?

So firstly: a program to test, secondly: results to compare against.

There are lots of programs you can benchmark with. Sisoft Sandra is a purely synthetic benchmark, so I don't consider it very good for anything.

How about using benchmarks relating to what you do with the computer. If you game a lot, use 3DMark. If you do use Photoshop a lot, then find some application-based benchmarks that use Photoshop to benchmark.

You have to choose what you want to test tho. I would do 3DMark2001SE330 and 3DMark03, SiSoft 03, and a business benchmark on both a P4 3.06HT and your dual.

Back